Lorain County Community College
Accreditations and Memberships
The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools accredits Lorain County Community College to award the associate of arts, the associate of science, the associate of arts in teacher education, the associate of applied business, the associate of applied science, the associate of individualized studies, the associate of technical studies and certificates. The Higher Learning Commission is located at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, (800) 621-7440, (312) 263-7462 (fax), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.ncahlc.org.
- Lorain County Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission through the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) pathway.
- The associate degree nursing program is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN) with provisions.
- The practical degree nursing is fully approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN).
- The LCCC associate degree and practical nursing programs are accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5020 or visit www.acenursing.org.
- The medication aide training program (MA-C) is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing, 17 South High Street, Suite 400, Columbus, OH 43215-7410, (614) 466-6966 or email at email@example.com.
- The Nurse Aide Training Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) is approved by the Ohio Department of Health, 246 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43215, (614) 752-8285 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The clinical laboratory science technology program is fully accredited by the National Accrediting Agency For Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS), 5600 North River Road, Ste. 720, Rosemont, IL 60018.
- The phlebotomy program is approved by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 North River Road, Ste. 720, Rosemont, IL 60018, (773) 714-8880 or email at email@example.com.
- The radiologic technology program is fully accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, (312) 704-5300 or visit http://www.jrcert.org.
- The diagnostic medical sonography program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.CAAHEP.org) upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, (727) 210-2350 or visit http://www.caahep.org.
- Surgical technology programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 35 East Wacker Dr., Ste 1970, Chicago, IL 60601-2208, (312) 533-9355 or visit www.caahep.org.
- The medical assisting program at Lorain County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the curriculum review board of The American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 20 North Wacker Drive, Ste 1575, Chicago, IL 60606-2903, (800) 228-2262.
- The emergency medical services courses (EMSB and EMSP) are accredited by the Ohio Department of Public Safety, Charles D. Shipley Building, 1970 West Broad Street, P.O. Box 182081 182073, Columbus, OH 43218-2081 2073, (614) 466-9447 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The physical therapist assisting program at Lorain County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 706-3245, email at email@example.com or visit www.capteonline.org.
- The occupational therapy assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449, (301) 652-2689 or visit www.acoteonline.org.
- The dental hygiene program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of The American Dental Association, 211 E. Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678, (312) 440-4653 or visit www.ada.org/100.aspx.
- The art program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design Commission on Accreditation, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190, (703) 437-0700, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The computer maintenance and networking major is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, (410) 347-7700, or visit www.abet.org.
- The applied electronics major is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, (410) 347-7700, or visit www.abet.org.
The College holds memberships with: American International Recruitment Council (AIRC); American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers; American Association of Community Colleges; American Wind Energy Association (AWEA); Association of College Unions-International; Association of Institutional Research; Association of Performing Arts Presenters; Center for Energy Workforce Development; Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL); Community Colleges for International Development, Inc. (CCID); Council for Higher Education Accreditation; Council on Competitiveness; High Technology Criminal Investigation Association (HTCIA); Institute for International Education (IIE); Midwest ACE (MWACE); Midwest Institute of International/Intercultural Education (MIIIE); NAFSA: Association of International Educators; National Academic Advising Association (NACADA); National Association for Campus Activities; National Association of College and Admissions Counselors; National Association of College Stores; National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE); National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE); National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD); National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA); National Association of Student Personnel Administrators; National Career Development Association (NCDA); National Center of Academic Transformations; National Center for Welding Education and Training; National Coalition of Advanced Technologies Centers (NCATC); The National Council of LaRaza; National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA); National League of Nursing; National Science Teachers Association; National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD); North Central Association; Northeast Consortium for Career Advancement; Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education (NOCHE); Ohio Arts Presenters Network; Ohio Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (OASFAA); Ohio Association of Two-Year Colleges; Ohio Association of Two- Year College Admission Officers; Ohio Campus Compact (OCC); Ohio Career Development Association (OCDA); Ohio Chief Student Affairs Officers (OCSAO); Ohio Coalition of Associate Degree Early Childhood Programs; The Ohio Cooperative Education Association (OCEA); Phi Theta Kappa Society; Regional Information Technology Engagement Board; Society of Manufacturing Engineers; Society of Professional Journalists; United States Fab Lab Network (USFLN); The United States Institute of Theater Technology (USITT); University System of Ohio. All 12 colleges and universities in Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership are accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The College is authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement to issue certification for non-immigrant students who wish to study in the United States.