Workshop & Training Descriptions
NCBI workshops and trainings cover leadership development, prejudice reduction, coalition building, conflict resolution, and violence prevention. Refer to the titles below for details on specific programs.
- To celebrate their similarities and differences,
- To recognize the misinformation they have learned about various groups,
- To identify and heal from internalized oppression-the discrimination members of an oppressed group target at themselves and each other,
- To claim pride in group identity,
- To understand the personal impact of discrimination through the telling of stories, and,
- To learn hands-on tools for dealing effectively with bigoted comments and behavior.
Leadership for Diversity Institute
Trains participants to lead the Welcoming Diversity Workshop, introduces the Controversial Issues Process, and teaches an array of valuable leadership skills.
Welcoming Diversity / Prejudice Reduction Workshop
Shows how participants have been taught to think and act as members of their racial, gender, and other identity groups and provides skills for bridging differences.
Welcoming Diversity Train-the-Trainer
Teaches participants how to lead the Welcoming Diversity Workshop.
Coalition Building Workshop
Teaches skills for bringing diverse elements of a community or organization together to successfully achieve common goals.
Controversial Issues Process
Demonstrates a method for assisting diverse groups to work together even in tough, emotionally-charged conflicts.
NCBI Affiliate Chapter