Vision 2.0 Paves the Way for Sustainability Gains at LCCC
|Click here to learn what sustainablilty means in general and to LCCC.|
|National Campus Sustainablilty Day|
There is much to highlight during the 50th year celebration in terms of how LCCC is preparing for the future.
LCCC is committed to a sustainable path and has begun a new round of activity and planning efforts pursuant to the mandate of Vision 2.0.
Sustainability as a Value:
We promote and incorporate practices that result in positive outcomes for our social, economic, and natural environments both today and in the future.
Sustainability as a Priority Initiative:
Stimulate a vibrant and connected community by modeling sustainability leadership. LCCC will demonstrate leadership through institutional and regional initiatives that leverage LCCC’s expertise and maximize community benefit.
Click here to learn more about Vision 2.0.
In 2012-2013, LCCC conducted an assessment of our sustainability efforts and plans. Based on a review and analysis of the assessment by the College’s Sustainability Core Team, leadership has identified for major areas of concentration for the next year. The campus community will be given an opportunity to help decide which projects to undertake in 2014. Check back for updates.
|New Global Energy Realities|
- Climate Action: Carbon Neutrality by 2050; Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 20% by 2014.
- Building Energy Conservation, Operations and Maintenance: Conserve and manage resources in most cost-effective manner.
- Waste Reduction: Generate cost savings through minimization of waste generation.
- Food, Beverage and Other Purchasing: Adopt procurement strategies that reflect the triple bottom line lens for decision-making. (Economic, Environment, and Equity)
- Curriculum: Create the conditions* required to equip students to lead society toward a sustainable future.
- Governance and Policy: Establish governance structures, policies and procedures that foster the achievement of sustainability goals and objectives.
Ways to Engage in Sustainability Efforts