InnovatEd helps your students get the credit they deserve!
||CONNECT your curriculum to college credit |
||STIMULATE economic development in your area |
InnovatEd of Lorain County Community College (LCCC) makes it easy for organizations including adult career centers, businesses, community colleges and nonprofits to borrow LCCC’s existing academic programs to utilize at their facility. Sharing programs where there is an identified workforce need enhances individual growth and supports the local economy.
Students may have already earned credit applicable to LCCC programs. InnovatEd can facilitate the establishment of equivalent coursework and transfer credit placing students on a path toward a credit-bearing credential. And, InnovatEd can facilitate discussions around partnering to develop new curriculum.
Establishing a new academic or training program can be an expensive, time-consuming process. Often, student demand or local industry sector needs are not enough to justify the cost and effort associated with building an entire new curriculum from scratch. Connecting your students to established credit-bearing certificates and degrees allows them to further their education and begin to build a pipeline and career pathway in an important economic sector.
The InnovatEd model enables you to complement your educational offerings while simultaneously expanding higher education opportunities. This revenue sharing system provides curriculum, delivery, support, and a toolkit that will make it easy for you to provide college credit programs in your local community.
How It Works
The collaboration framework for InnovatEd involves two distinct partners:
- LCCC is the Delivery Partner that provides the accredited academic program. LCCC can utilize online, IVDL and in-person delivery methods. LCCC grants the degree/certificate to successful program graduates.
- The Host Partner provides the venue where the program is offered. They lead program marketing in their local community; maintain the facility, equipment, and classrooms/labs. They support technology and provide general student services. They may assist in recruiting local faculty for LCCC.
LCCC offers a wide spectrum of degrees and short-term certificates. LCCC is delivering programs and courses in partnership with community colleges, adult career centers and businesses. For a list of existing partnerships visit http://www.lorainccc.edu/Academic+Programs/InnovatEd
Benefits of LCCC’s InnovatEd Solution
LCCC’s partnering framework is designed to efficiently implement processes necessary for collaboration and program delivery.
- Saves time, money and helps avoid duplication of efforts.
- Increased ability to meet employer and student needs for knowledge and skill sets quickly and precisely.
- Swift response to the demands of the local marketplace, while controlling the cost of new curriculum development.
- Proven, high quality degrees and credit bearing certificates delivered across the state through existing, modern facilities.
- Cost effective delivery through internet and video distance learning (IVDL), which allows students to interact live with student and faculty across the state.
- Customized seamless system for important student services such as admissions, advising, financial aid and credit transfer.
- College credit becomes accessible to more people.
- Enrollment growth means increased educational attainment throughout Ohio.
"InnovatEd responded very quickly for our request to partner with them for a new Culinary Arts program. We now offer this new program on campus, with a one-year certificate option built into it for students wanting shorter term training. This new partnership provides opportunities for our students that were previously unavailable in our community.”
Rick Turner, Adult Director, Apollo Career Center
"InnovatEd has allowed us to meet the requests of our local employers. Through this collaboration, we now offer a degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant, giving adult students a high-quality education leading to highly skilled careers earning high wages. With this revenue sharing framework, we responded quickly and efficiently to this need.
Ben Chaffee, Adult Director, EHOVE Career Center
"We are enthusiastic about opportunities to partner on Allied Health and Nursing programs. We have shared degrees at several adult career center sites throughout the Northeast Ohio. With LCCC’s InnovatEd, we can efficiently facilitate partner communications, legal agreements, and student services allowing us to serve many students."
Hope Moon, Dean, LCCC Allied Health and Nursing
"Eastern Gateway Community College and Lorain County Community College pioneered the innovative revenue-sharing model. The model provides financial benefits to the delivery partner and the host partner. It is a cost-effective and flexible model; the revenue percentages are based on each partner’s commitment to responsibilities. Partnerships are able to move forward swiftly as the terms and conditions are detailed in a standard contract reviewed by Ohio Board of Regents legal counsel and the Attorney General’s office."
James McGrail, Vice President for Business Services, Eastern Gateway Community College
"InnovatEd has been a very effective partner at each step. They assisted us in identifying employers with workforce needs and then worked with us to draft an agreement, create robust processes, and implement a shared program. All along the way they have kept us on track for a successful, expanding collaboration."
Gary Searle, Adult Director, Medina County Career Center
For information about programs and services available contact InnovatEd:
Help your students get the college credit they deserve, get InnovatEd today.