Posted: November 7, 2012
THE BLACKSTONE LAUNCHPAD AT LCCC TO CELEBRATE GLOBAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP WEEK
The Blackstone LaunchPad at Lorain County Community College will host several events to celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week.
The kick-off celebration will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, November 12 in College Center Commons on the LCCC campus. Videos will be presented about the LCCC student entrepreneurship team, Enactus, and the Blackstone LaunchPad program. Both organizations will have information tables in the Commons during that period where people can learn about entrepreneurial activities available through both groups and register for the events.
On Tuesday, November 13, a series of breakout sessions will highlight different aspects of entrepreneurship. All breakout sessions are free and open to the public and will be held in College Center 114. Sessions are:
- 10-11 a.m., Social Entrepreneurship, hosted by Erin Corwin, LCCC Career Development Specialist
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Going from Idea to a Business, hosted by Heath Bowers of QURO Scientific
- 12-1 p.m., Going from Idea to a Business, hosted by Heath Bowers of QURO Scientific
- 1-2 p.m. Entrepreneurship and the American Dream, hosted by Dave Petno of Scorefeeder
- 2-3 p.m., Social Entrepreneurship, hosted by Erin Corwin, LCCC Career Development Specialist
- 3-4 p.m., Entrepreneurship and the American Dream, hosted by Dave Petno of Scorefeeder
Registration is required for the break-out sessions. To register, visit www.lorainccc.edu/gew.
In collaboration with Stocker Arts Center, a presentation by local entrepreneurs will be held from 10-11 a.m., Wednesday, November 14 in Stocker Cinema Hall. A discussion will follow the presentation. The panel will include:
- Jim Gundlach – Jim Gundlach Sculpture, LLC
- Tim Kiedrowski – Kiedrowski’s Bakery
- Sharie Renee - Cosmic Bobbins
- Catherine Pastron – Catherine’s Chocolates
- Marcia Depalma - Laurel Run Cooking School
Following the panel, tours of LCCC buildings will be available. Tours include:
• 11 – 11:30 a.m.
o Culinary Arts – Eric Petrus
• 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
o Fab Lab
o Stocker Center Art Gallery
o Blackstone LaunchPad
To register for the panel discussion or a tour, visit www.lorainccc.edu/gew.
Global Entrepreneurship Week is a worldwide initiative founded by the by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and the Make Your Mark campaign. Thousands of activities are being planned in more than 75 countries around the world. The goal of the week’s events is to inspire people to consider entrepreneurship, connect them with organizations that foster the business spirit, provide mentors and engage policymakers around the world. For more information about GEW at LCCC, visit www.lorainccc.edu/gew.