Coursework is conducted on the LCCC Elyria and Lorain campuses.
||New LEED Professional Accreditation Exam Preparation Course|
Lorain County Community College offers a credit course in Green Building & LEED Rating Systems (CNST 127). The course offers a comprehensive exposure to understanding sustainable designed projects in today's residential and commercial buildings. It provides the basic knowledge to define and measure "green buildings" according to the LEED Green Building Rating System. The course helps students prepare for the LEED Professional Accreditation Exams.
The Green Building & LEED Rating Systems course (CNST 127) is offered spring term at Lorain County Community College:
- January 9 through May 4, 2012
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 7 to 8:50 pm
Construction and Renovation
Certificate and Degree Programs
There is ongoing demand for qualified construction workers for new building construction, home renovation and repairs. Many of the job opportunities require specific skills, such as document reading, carpentry, electrical wiring, plumbing and more. To gain employment in the construction industry, applicants are often required to demonstrate prior industry experience or training.
Lorain County Community College offers associate degree and certificate programs that can prepare students for entry-level positions in the construction industry.
Earn your credentials every step of the way
The programs have been developed to enable you to earn credentials as you progress through the program:
- You can earn a short-term technical certificate in Construction and Renovation Tradesman in less than one year.
- If you wish to continue your education, all credits will be applied to the Residential Building and Renovation one-year technical certificate.
- And credits from both certificates apply to the associate of science degrees in Construction Technology at LCCC.
- Your credits also transfer to The University of Akron bachelor's degree program in Construction Engineering Technology. Most classes are held on the LCCC campus.
There is no better way to grow your education for the construction industry.
Click the links below for program details:
Associate of Science Degrees
Bachelor's Degree at The University of Akron
For more information about construction careers, visit http://www.bls.gov/oco.