Society of Women Engineers Workshop:
"Is There an Engineer Inside You?"
Monday, October 26
College Center Commons
(Lite refreshments included.)
Click here to learn more and register.
||Click here for our program brochure. |
||Friday, April 12, 2013|
First annual fundraising at Lego Olympiad
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Ramona Anand, Advisor, SWE presented at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg at the Regional Conference
In the News
The Society of Women Engineers Collegiate Interest Group at Lorain County Community College (LCCC) was proud to host and support The Cleveland Engineering Society’s fall conference. Held all day on Thursday, October 30, 2014, the event was attended by over 200 professionals and students.
Read the Article
Community of Support
SWE is an inclusive organization focused on issues of interest to women specializing in engineering and technical careers.
- A strong network of women engineers from academia, government and industry, corporate representatives, government officials, and other individuals supporting and advocating for the mission of SWE.
- Awards and recognition programs honoring outstanding accomplishments of women in the engineering profession as well as those who have contributed significantly to the advancement of women in engineering and technology professions.
Education and Development
SWE's education and outreach activities are designed to enhance the quality of life for women of all backgrounds who pursue the profession of engineering.
- Scholarship opportunities for all educational and professional levels, including undergraduate and graduate students, and women re-entering the workforce as engineers (at national and section levels).
- Reduced fees for admittance to national and regional education conferences that offer networking, professional development, seminars, workshops, and leadership training.
Resources and Information
As a worldwide leader in engineering knowledge and support, SWE is a partner you can turn to for advanced, relevant information about women in technical careers.
- SWE Magazine—the Society's award-winning magazine, covering issues of interest to women engineers including the achievements of women engineers, career development, career guidance, activities within the Society, and technical topics.
- All Together, SWE's monthly newsletter.
- SWE Online Communities.
- Webinars and podcasts.
- Online career center where you can manage your resume and search hundreds of jobs posted monthly by SWE's sponsors.
- Outreach programs that encourage girls to pursue careers in engineering through SWE's alliances with Girls Inc., Girl Scouts, and US FIRST (Foundation for the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology.
Members are encouraged and supported in the development of skills necessary to be effective leaders in a global marketplace.
- Develop leadership experience in a non-threatening environment through leadership roles at the sectional, regional, and national levels.
- Publish articles in the SWE Magazine.
- Present technical papers at national and regional conferences.
- Lead seminars and workshops at national and regional conferences.
For more information, contact Ramona at email@example.com. or call 440-366-4930. Students will get all the benefits of membership and much more without having to pay a membership fee.
| LCCC student Marianna Malek of Amherst recently spoke to a group of Elyria Catholic High School students. Marianna is a math major and a member of the Society of Women Engineers.|