Body Composition Testing
The BOD POD measures body composition fast and accurately using air displacement technology.
BOD POD Highlights:
- Air displacement is used to determine body volume, body density, and body composition
- Determines the percentage of body fat by calculating how much air is displaced by the person sitting inside the chamber
- Has good test-retest reliability
- Studies show accuracy in correlation with under-water weighing
What should I wear?
- Tight fitting shorts and sports bra,
- One or two-piece bathing suit, or
- Spandex short or Speedo
- A swim cap must be worn and will be provided
What not to wear?
What activities to avoid?
- Eat or drink 2 hours prior
- Exercise 2 hours prior
What is the cost?
- $35.00 per test
- Buy 3 tests, get 1 free
- Payment in full is required before any tests are administered
- Cash (exact change) or checks (made to LCCC) are accepted
Note: If needed, use restroom prior to the start of the test.
To schedule a test, contact Taryn Taylor at email@example.com.