One Year Certificate - Curriculum Code 4110
The Arts Foundation Certificate prepares students for a transfer to 4-year art departments and schools. This is an appropriate certificate for those who are preparing portfolios for such a transfer. This certificate contains the Art Foundation studio classes of Two Dimensional Design, Three Dimensional Design and Drawing I, which are courses that are in the Fine Arts Transfer Agreement. This certificate will prepare art students for transfer to 4 years schools. It is the foundation year of a 4 year arts program. Art students will produce a portfolio of works suitable for their major. The academic courses such as College Composition I, Arts History I and II, Math, Humanities electives are traditional academic courses for the first year art student in a 4-year arts program. This certificate is also appropriate for PSEO students preparing for entry into a 4-year arts program. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
For more information about this certificate, please contact Nancy Halbrooks at 440-366-7114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
||Two Dimensional Design
||Art History I
||College Composition I
||Art of Mathematical Thinking
||College 101 ^
||Three Dimensional Design
||Arts History II
||Introduction to Humanities
|Studio Elective *
|Studio Elective *
|Total Credit Hours: 31|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. * Studio Elective choose from: ARTS 151, 158, 162, 171, 181, 185, 260, 261, 271.
3. Consult a counselor or your future transfer institution for advice in selecting electives that will apply to your major upon transfer.
4. Pending National Association of School of Art and Design (NASAD) approval.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established January 2014
Revised May 2014
Effective May 2014