Early Childhood Education - After School Care
Short Term Technical Certificate - Curriculum Code 5157
The After School Care Short Term Technical Certificate has been designed to meet the needs of course work required for centers who are working on a star rating for the Step Up to Quality Program. These courses provide information relevant to the development of children ages 5-12 and focus on activity planning, behavior management and program development. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
For more information about this certificate, please contact Kathleen Head at 440-366-7167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
||Introduction to Early Childhood Education
||After School Care
||Children with Special Needs >
||PE for the School Age Child
||College 101 ^
|Elective Courses: Choose 2|
||Child Guidance and Classroom Management *
||After School Care Practicum **
||Families, Schools and Communities >
Total Semester Credit Hours 22
- * Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite but can be taken concurrently with ECED 111.
- > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
- ** Indicates that thsi course may be taken before or concurrently with ECED 166.
- Students must do the following to be eligible for the ECE Certificate of Completion:
a) Compass Test;
b) Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5;
c) GED or High School Diploma;
d) Completed physical with TB Test;
e) Three letters of reference;
f) Signed Non-Conviction Statement and completed BCI/FBI;
g) Signed Confidentiality and Liability Statement.
- Fifty percent of coursework must be completed at LCCC to receive this certificate.
- ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established September 2008
Revised January 2014
Effective August 2014
Click here to view Gainful Employment data for this program.