Early Childhood Education - Infant and Toddler
Short Term Technical Certificate - Curriculum Code #5158
The Infant and Toddler Short Term Technical Certificate has been designed to meet the needs of those persons who are interested in working with children ages six weeks to three. These courses were designed to provide basic information relative to developmental characteristics, curriculum organization, classroom programming, observation and record keeping. These courses can be applied towards the Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
||Introduction to Early Childhood Education
||Health, Safety and Nutrition*
||Infant and Toddler Development >
||College 101 ^
||Children with Special Needs
||Infant and Toddler Practicum >
||First Aid and Safety
Total Semester Credit Hours 16
All of these matriculate into the associate of arts degree in early childhood education.
- * Indicates that this coure requires a prerequisite or can be taken concurrently with ECED 111.
- > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
- Students must do the following to be eligible for the ECE Certificate of Completion:
a) Compass Test;
b) Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5;
- The following paperwork is required:
a) GED or High School Diploma;
b) Completed physical with TB Test;
c) Three letters of reference;
e) Signed Non-Conviction Statement and completed BCI/FBI;
f) Signed Confidentiality and Liability Statement.
- Fifty percent of coursework must be completed at LCCC to receive this certificate.
- ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established September 2008
Revised January 2014
Effective August 2014
Click here to view Gainful Employment data for this program.