Early Childhood Education Children with Special Needs
Short-Term Technical Certificate - Curriculum Code 5005
The Children with Special Needs short-term technical certificate has been designed to meet the needs of those persons who are intersted in working with children birth to age five who have been diagnosed with a special need. These courses have been designed to provide information about child development, curriculum planning, assessment, classroom environment and observation. These courses can be applied toward the Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
||Introduction to Early Childhood Education
||Child Guidance and Classroom Management *
||Health, Safety and Nutrition *
||Introduction to Psychology
||College 101 ^
||Introduction to Child Development >
||Special Needs Practicum >
||Children with Special Needs >
||Family, Schools and Community >
|Total Credit Hours: 24|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite, but can be taken concurrently with ECED 111.
3. Students must do the following to be elisgible for the ECE short-term technical certificate:
a) Compass Test b) maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 in ECED courses
The following paperwork is required:
a) GED or High School Diploman
b) Completed physical with TB test
c) Three letters of reference
d) Signed Non-Conviction Statement and completed BCI/FBI
e) Signed confidentiality and liability statement
4. Fifty percent of coursework must be completed at LCCC to receive this certificate.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established January 2013
Revised January 2014
Effective August 2014