Associate Degree Nursing
Paramedic to RN Program
Associate of Applied Science - Curriculum Code 2403
Advanced placement for paramedics is available through the PARAMEDIC TO RN program. A paramedic who qualifies* (see Enrollment Services for program application (must have completed BIOG 121, Anatomy and Physiology I, with a grade of "C" or better and PSYH 151, Introduction to Psychology, prior to taking NURS 131, Transition to Registered Nursing for the Paramedic*. The Paramedic must complete NURS 131 with a grade of "C" or better in order to gain advanced placement. Upon successful completion of NURS 131, the paramedic will be given credit for the following nursing courses:
NURS 114 - Health Assessment and clinical Reasoning - 3 credits
NURS 115 - Basic Nursing Concepts - 7 credits
LCCC has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by LCCC's University Partnership. *Current license and 2 years of work experience within the last 5 years.
Must be Completed Prior to Completing the Paramedic to
RN Program Application
||Anatomy and Physiology I **
||Introduction to Psychology **
||Anatomy and Physiology II >**
||Maternal Newborn Nursing >**
||Comprehensive Adult Nursing I >**
||Behavioral Health Nursing >**
||College 101 ^
||General Microbiology > **
||College Composition I
||Comprehensive Adult Nursing II >**
||Human Growth and Development >
||Comprehensive Adult Nursing III >**
||Child Health Nursing >**
||Concepts of Prof Nursing Practice & Client Care >**
||Introduction to Sociology
Total Credit Hours: 59
1. * Admission to PARAMEDIC TO RN program.
2. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
3. ** Indicates that a grade of "C" (2.00) or better must be earned in order to continue in the sequence.
4. Students are encouraged to take ENGL 162 if they are considering pursuing the BSN.
5. ^A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of thirteen or more credit hours.
Established November 2008
Revised March 2014
Effective May 2014