Professional Nanny Academy
Short Term Technical Certificate - Curriculum Code 5173
The LCCC Professional Nanny Academy Short Term Technical certificate is a 16 week program that recognizes the student who has successfully completed the core early childhood education courses as well as the Professional Nanny course. These courses will provide the student with the knowledge and skills necessary to be a professional childcare specialist whose workplace is a private family home. Students who successfully complete this certificate can transfer to the Associate of Applied Science degree in Early Childhood Education that has articulation agreements with a variety of colleges and universities.
||Introduction to Early Childhood Education
||The Professional Nanny
||Emerging Literacy & Language Development >
||Health, Safety and Nutrition >
||Creative Development for the Young Child
||Infant Toddler Development >
||Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation CPR
||Introduction to Psychology
|Total Credit Hours: 22|
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. Students must complete an application and have an interview with the ECE coordinator and/or ECE faculty one semester prior to admission
3. Students must be available to attend classes Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and clinicals on Friday.
4. Students must be available to attend classes Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and clinicals on Friday.
5. Students must wear ascribed attire while attending classes.
6. To be accepted into this academy students must have the following:
a) High school diploma with at least a 2.5 g.p.a.
b) 18 years of age or older
c) Good driver record
d) BCI and FBI check (No felony or misdemeanors)
e) Physical with a TB test
f) Liability insurance (can be obtained through LCCC).
7. Must complete at least 10 credit hours, at LCCC in order to earn Nanny Academy Certificate.
8. ^ A student must register for the orientation curse when enrolling for more than six credit hours persemester OR any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established April 2012
Revised February 2013
Effective August 2013
Click here to view Gainful Employment data for this program.