Electronic Engineering Technology -
Associate of Applied Science - Curriculum Code 6310
The Applied Electronics program is structured to provide a student with an application-oriented, electronic/electrical background, extensive hands-on laboratory experience, and the use of standard and specialized test equipment. The relevant knowledge, the skills that industry needs today, and the competencies that are integrated into the curriculum are intended to prepare the graduate to be job-ready in the high-tech workplace at the end of two years, and enter into a rewarding career in one of the electronics fields. The Applied Electronics major is approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as a part of the College Training Initiative, through which students are eligible for part-time (work-study) employment with the FAA or full-time employment after graduation. LCCC has the only FAA approved program in Ohio. Students who plan to seek employment with the FAA must take CMNW 145 and CMNW 220 in addition to the degree requirements listed below. Typical job titles include: Engineering Assistant, Electronic Test Technician, Instrumentation Technician, Field Service Representative, Communication Specialist, and Sales Engineer. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership. The Applied Electronics major is accredited by the Engineering Technology Acccreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org
|Fall Semester (First Year) |
||Electrical Circuits I
||Fabrication Processes for Electronics
||College Composition I
||Technical Mathematics I >
||College 101 ^
||Technical Problem Solving
|Spring Semester (First Year) |
||Electrical Circuits II >
||Digital Electronics >
||College Composition II with Technical Topics >
||Technical Mathematics II >
|Fall Semester (Second Year) |
||Electronic Devices I *
||General Physics I >
|Arts and Humanities Elective **
|Spring Semester (Second Year) |
||Electrical Power and Devices *
||Electronic Devices II >
||Communication Electronics >
|Social Science Elective ***
|Total Credit Hours: 61 |
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Courses selected from the following list: ARTS 243, 244, 245, 246, 254; ENGL 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 257, 259, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; HUMS 151, 161, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; MUSC 262; PHLY 165, 262; RELG 181, 261, 262; THTR 151.
5. *** Course selected from the following list: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156; PSYH 151; SOCY 151.
6. Students who plan to seek employment with the FAA must take CMNW 145 and CMNW 220 in addition to the degree requirements listed above.
7. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established March 1990
Revised March 2014
Effective August 2014