Emergency Medical Services - Paramedic
One Year Technical Certificate - Curriculum Code 2116
The Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic has an advanced level of knowledge and skills in the field of emergency medicine. The EMTP performs advanced life support measures including cardiac monitoring, defibrillation, endotracheal intubation, starting IVs and administering medications. The EMTP program is accredited by the Ohio Division of Emergency Medical Services (OH 319). Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
For more information about this certificate, please contact Dawn Sgro at 440-366-7186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career information for this program
|First Semester |
||Body Structure and Function **<
||EMS Essentials >**
||College 101 ^
|Second Semester |
||Introduction to Advanced Emergency Care >**
|Third Semester |
||Advanced Emergency Care II >**
||Advanced Emergency Care III >**
||Advanced Emergency Care IV >**
||Advanced Emergency Care V >**
||Paramedic Externship >**
|Total Credit Hours: 34|
1. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification is required upon entrance into the program.
2. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
3. ** Indicates that a grade of "C" (2.0) or better must be earned in order to continue in the sequence.
4. < BIOG 121 and BIOG 122 (Anatomy and Physiology I and II) may be taken in place of BIOG 115. However, both courses need to be completed with a grade of "C" (2.0) or better.
5. Students who are only interested in being eligible for the Paramedic National Registry, must take BIOG 115, EMSP 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 and 129. A Short Term Technical Certificate will be awarded to these students.
6. Must be currently certified as an EMT-B in the State of Ohio.
7. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established September 1983
Revised January 2016
Effective August 2016
Click here to view Gainful Employment data for this program.