Short-Term Technical Certificate - Curriculum Code 2241
The phlebotomist performs venipuncture and micro skin punctures, obtaining blood specimens from patients for the purpose of testing and analysis. The graduate of the program is prepared for employment in hospitals, clinics, private laboratories, and physician office laboratories. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
|Fall Semester |
||First Aid and Safety
||Body Structure and Function **
||Introduction to Clinical Laboratory Science Technology >**
||Basic Laboratory Techniques >**
||College 101 ^
|Spring Semester |
||Phlebotomy Clinical Practicum >**
|Total Credit Hours: 19|
1. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification is required upon entrance into the program.
2. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
3. ** Indicates that a grade of "C" (2.0) or better must be earned in order to continue in the sequence.
4. Graduates of the Practical Nursing and Medical Assisting programs at LCCC need only to complete CLSC 111, PHBT 111 and PHBT 121.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established June 1993
Revised July 2012
Effective August 2012