Surgical Technology Accelerated Alternate Delivery Certificate
Short Term Technical Certificate - Curriculum Code 2007
This program provides an alternative method for working, non-certified surgical technologists to become eligible to take the national certification examination to become a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST). Those employed as surgical technologists who are unable to take the national certification examination because they did not graduate from an accredited surgical technology program are eligible, including on-the-job trained personnel, military trained personnel and licensed practical nurse surgical technologists. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
|Fall Semester |
||Body Structure and Function OR *
||Human Biology *
||Anesthesia and Anesthetics >*
||College 101 ^
||General Pathology >
||College Composition I
||Surgical Pharmacology >*
Total Credit Hours:
1. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification is required upon entrance into the program.
2. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
3. OR Indicates that a student may select either course which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
4. * Indicates that a grade of "C" or better must be earned in order to continue in the course sequence and/or receive the Certificate of Completion.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established January 2004
Revised March 2013
Effective August 2013
Click here to view Gainful Employment data for this program.