Honors Institute Event Registration
Please register for the following Honors Institute events by completing the registration form below.
Linden String Quartet
Monday, October 7, 2013
Studio Theatre, Stocker Center.
Please join philosophy professor Robert Loftis for an evening of music by the Linden String Quartet. Founded in 2008 at the Cleveland Institute of Music, this quartet has risen to prominence quickly, performing across the US and Canada and receiving numerous awards. To listen to their music, read brief biographies of the members, or to see their full schedule and list of awards, please visit www.lindenstringquartet.com.
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Baldwin Wallace University, Strosacker Hall Ballroom.
Please join honors psychology professor and Phi Theta Kappa co-advisor Jim Jordan and other honors students at Baldwin Wallace University on to hear Dr. Melba Vazquez speak on “Cultural Competence in Psychotherapy: Death, Dying and Bereavement.” Dr. Vazquez is past president of the American Psychological Association, co-founder of APA Division 45, Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues, and co-founder of the National Multicultural Conference and Summit.
- Meet Professor Jordan and your fellow LCCC honors students at 8:15 in the lobby of the Strosacker Hall Ballroom (transportation will be on your own). You are also invited to remain after the talk for a reception.
- Please contact Professor Jordan, email@example.com for more information or visit http://www.bw.edu/academics/psy/news/.
- Please RSVP by noon, October 10.
Civil War Speaker - Dr. Kelly Selby
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Spitzer Conference Center Grand Room.
Please join history professor and Phi Theta Kappa co-advisor George Vourlojianis for a presentation by LCCC graduate, Dr. Kelly Selby, now Assistant Professor of History at Walsh University, speak on the contribution of Ohio’s African-American communities to the Union effort in the Civil War.
- Meet at 6 p.m. in room SC 126 for light hors d’oeuvres with fellow honors students and faculty. Dr. Selby will be joining us, giving students the opportunity to meet and chat with her before the talk.
- Please contact Dr. Vourlojianis, firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. McGowan-Doyle, email@example.com to learn more.
- RSVP by Friday, October 11
Please complete the form below to register.