Honors Institute at Lorain County Community College
||Scholarship sponsored by: |
||This scholarship is made possible through the generosity of donors to the LCCC Foundation Scholarship Program. The LCCC Foundation supports Lorain County Community College by making possible scholarships and other program and technology enhancements that otherwise would not be possible. Individuals, businesses and organizations give generously to ensure scholarships are available to help needing and deserving students receive a college education at LCCC or its University Partnership. Their support is greatly appreciated.|
Honors Institute Admission and Scholarship Application
Lorain County Community College is proud to announce the availability of the Honors Institute Scholarship. This renewable scholarship is intended to support academically high-achieving full or part-time LCCC students who are participating in LCCC’s Honor Institute. Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Honors Institute Scholarship Selection Committee based on academic achievement, scholarship essay questions, and letters of recommendation. Applications received through December 2nd will be considered on a funds available basis. Please note the following:
- Applicants must provide two academic references either from high school teachers, guidance counselors or college instructors/professors. References should be mailed to the LCCC Financial Services Department at:
Financial Services Center
ATTN: Honors Institute
1005 N Abbe Rd.
Elyria, OH 44035
- Current high school students must have their high school transcripts on file with the LCCC Records Office or attach a copy of their latest transcripts.
Eligibility Criteria for High School Students:
- 3.4 cumulative high school GPA, or
- 28 minimum ACT Composite Score, or
- 1260 minimum SAT Combined Reading & Mathematics.
Eligibility Criteria for current LCCC Students:
- 3.4 LCCC GPA with a minimum of 12 credit hours but not more than 30 credit hours.
- Once accepted to the program, students must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.4, and
- Students are required to register for a minimum of one LCCC Honors Course each term enrolled at LCCC supported by the Honors Scholarships, and
- Students receiving Trustee or Presidential Scholarships, or Diversity Incentive Awards may receive enhancements to their awards as part of the Honors Institute Scholarship.
- As a requirement of the scholarship, Honors Institute Scholars will participate in enrichment activities and events related to their major, coursework and scholarship award outside normal class times.
Final application date is December 2, 2013.
Please complete the form below to apply for admission to the Honors Institute and for the Scholarship.