Housing for International Students
The Office of International Student Services assists all students with their housing needs. Most international students either live in apartments or with relatives. LCCC does not have dormitories.
LCCC Apartment Option
Prior to 2009, LCCC merely offered housing options, either with local apartment companies, or with private home owners willing to host a student. Since the fall of 2009, LCCC has provided international students furnished apartments with heating, electric and water utilities paid. LCCC does not have on campus dormitories but our furnished housing and other options make it possible to collect a new student from the Cleveland (CLE) airport and take him/her directly to the furnished apartment.
Since apartments allow students the most independence of all options, the majority of LCCC international students live in apartments either with roommates, or by themselves.
Conditions of LCCC APARTMENTS
- Furnished 1- or 2-bedroom apartments
- Utilities included
- Laundry facilities on premises
- Free parking
- Two semester minimum commitment
- Deposit, plus first month’s rent due within the first two weeks of the semester.
- Local transit or LCCC shuttle available
Other Apartment Options
Below is a brief list of local, reliable landlords where students presently live, or where they have lived in the past. You are welcome to contact these landlords prior to arrival at LCCC.
- Foster Garden Apartments, 421 Foster Ave., Elyria, Ohio, 44035. Contact Cathy at: 1.440.323.7836
- Washington Colonnade, 219 Washington Ave., Elyria, Ohio, 44035. Contact Kim at: 1.440.322.2153
- Kensington Square 525 S. Abbe Rd. S., Elyria, Ohio, 44035. Contact Cheryl at: 1.440.366.5551
- Sherwood Forest Apartments, 525 Georgetown Ave. Elyria, OH. http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Ohio/Elyria/Sherwood-Forest/19184/
We olso offer the link below to Apartment List.com which allows a student the chance to find other housing options close to the College.
Temporary/Short Term Housing
Visitors or students who may need a temporary place to stay can contact Value Place in Avon, 5 kilometres from LCCC in Avon, Ohio. http://www.valueplace.com/extended-stay-hotels/locations/Ohio/Cleveland-OH-Avon
Their web site will give you information on daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Unlike a hotel, they are more like an apartment with cooking and laundry facilities on premise.
Private Home Option
LCCC has a limited list of private home owners who are willing to provide housing in their homes for a monthly fee. The cost is similar to that of the LCCC apartments. Most private home options do not offer transportation to the LCCC campus and back, therefore the student will have to purchase a car or make other arrangements since public transportation is very limited.
Conditions of Private Home Option:
- Provide single bedroom
- Shared kitchen privileges
- Utilities included with monthly fee
- Laundry privileges
- Minimum commitment of two full semesters, one academic year
- Agree to pay $400/month for room. If food or transportation are provided, additional fees may be expected from the student.
- The first month’s rent and security deposit must be paid prior to moving in; rent to homeowner is due on the first of each month
- Assist with normal family chores; student is responsible for keeping their living quarters clean.
- Possess valid health insurance
- Submit “LCCC Housing Questionnaire"
- Respect host family's normal routine
Should there be any problem or disagreement between the private host and the student, the host and student should make every attempt to resolve the issue satisfactorily. If no solution can be agreed upon, the issue should be taken to the director of the Office of International Student Services (OISS). LCCC is not legally responsible for the actions of students or Private Hosts. Contact the Office of International Student Services (OISS) for questions and further information.