Information Technology Programs and Certifications
Advance your IT Career
A market study from the Northeast Ohio Information Technology (IT) Workforce Institute Initiative indicates a growing demand for IT professionals and skilled workers across the region. Whether you need training for your workforce or professional certifications to move your career forward, LCCC has the IT training and certification programs you need.
Employers, IT workers and students have told us what they need to advance in the IT job market. Courses may be taken at LCCC or at the workplace. Many courses can also be taken online.
Cloud Computing continuing education course coming late Spring 2013- VMware vSphere- Explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter Server™. The course is based on ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional 5 exam.
May 20 - July 15, 2013
Mondays and Wednesdays (32 hours)
(no class Monday, May 27) 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Held at LCCC's University Partnership Ridge Campus
Price- $395 per person including materials
Click here to register for Cloud Computing
ITFast Track- Train to become an IT Support Specialist, Network Technician or Help Desk Representative. Computer support specialists provide technical assistance, support, and advice to customers and other users. They troubleshoot, interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems. They answer telephone calls, analyze problems by using automated diagnostic programs, and resolve recurring difficulties.
Computer Information Systems (CISS) credit courses which transfer to various associates and bachelors degree programs
Certification preparation in Comp Tia’s A+ and Network+ as well as Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
Training, books, materials, exam vouchers, career coaching
Career planning course for job preparation
Program began Fall 2012- seats may still be available for Network+ and MCTS certifications only.
Next program begins Mid Spring 2013 (March 25)
Interested in our Mid Spring 2013 program? Click here to sign up for the free required orientation.
- Network + Certification – Validate your knowledge as a network professional and demonstrate a wide range of skills required in today’s network environments. Network + covers two main areas: Networking Technology and Networking Practices. This course is a first step into networking, and prepares you for the certification exam.
- MS 6421 – Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network- prepares you to successfully implement, build on, troubleshoot, and debug this technology and sit for the MCTS exam 070-642- TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring.
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)- Prepares you for entry level network technician career. First step in attaining your CCNA. Click here for program detail sheet.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) – LCCC offers the CCNA program for college credit as well as non-credit. Courses are taught on-campus using the Cisco training program. Train to become a Network Administrator in four semesters. Click here for program detail sheet.
- Mobile Applications 4 G LTE Long Term Evolution Seminar-Long Term Evolution (LTE), is the latest standard in the mobile network technology tree that previously realized the GSM/EDGE and UMTS/HSxPA network technologies. The LTE specification provides downlink peak rates of at least 100 Mbps, an uplink of at least 50 Mbps and RAN round-trip times of less than 10 ms. Seminar will cover the following: LTE technology including Femtocells, LTE Markets Enterprise, Consumer, Telematics,1st responder and DoD. Also, end user devices such as iphones, droids and other end user equipment. Highlights of new LTE-Advanced standard will be presented. Must be a networking professional to take this course. Available for groups of 6 or more. Available for groups of 6 or more.
Click here to register.
- Fundamentals of PC Security
Targeted toward small and medium sized businesses. Gain understanding in various security issues such as protecting yourself from malicious users on the Internet; signs and symptoms of an attack; select and use anti spyware, anti spam products and more; how to clean up your computer so your system will run efficiently, saving hours of time, money and frustration. Prerequisites – basic web browsing and computer skills. Available for groups of 6 or more.
- Introduction to IPv6 - students will learn the features of
the IPv6 protocol and deployment considerations to coexist with IPv4. Focus will be on understanding how the protocol differs from IPv4 and new security issues that could be exploited in IPv6. A hands-on lab will demonstrate the configuration elements of routers, Windows and Linux host computers. Available for groups of 6 or more.
- SANS-Hacker Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling- GCIH 504-This course is targeted to IT security personnel who have responsibilities for incident handling, system administration or other personnel who are first responders when a system comes under attack. Learn hands-on how to find and prevent vulnerabilities before the “bad guys” do. Once the student has learned how to find vulnerabilities, they will be shown how to check for any intrusions, and then learn how to develop a comprehensive incident handling plan. Additionally, the course explores the legal issues associated with responding to computer attacks, including employee monitoring, working with law enforcement, and handling evidence. Complete details, course content and registration can be found at:http://www.sans.org/info/109889
- Sans Security Essentials- SEC 401-Maximize your training time and turbo-charge your career in security by learning the full SANS Security Essentials curriculum needed to qualify for the GSEC certification. In this course you will learn the language and underlying theory of computer security. At the same time you will learn the essential, up-to-the-minute knowledge and skills required for effective performance if you are given the responsibility for securing systems and/or organizations. This course meets both of the key promises SANS makes to students: (1) You will gain up-to-the-minute knowledge you can put into practice immediately upon returning to work; and, (2) You will be taught by the best security instructors in the industry. The course is targeted to security professionals who want to fill the gaps in their understanding of technical information security, managers who want to understand information security beyond simple terminology and concepts and anyone new to information security with some background in information systems and networking IAT Level II of the Department of Defense's Baseline Certification for 8570.
SPECIAL NOTE: This course is endorsed by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) NSTISSI 4013 Standard for Systems Administrators in Information Systems Security (INFOSEC).
Complete details, course content and registration can be found at:http://www.sans.org/info/109894
A special price for each training is being offered as a part of the College's partnership with SANS for $3240 which includes the exam. Register by September 4 for this rate!
For group discounts please contact email@example.com.
- CompTIA Project+ is a globally recognized project management certification that provides validation of fundamental project management skills. It covers the entire project life cycle from initiation and planning through execution, acceptance, support and closure. There are no prerequisites,and candidates are not required to submit an application or complete additional hours of continuing education.
- MS Project – Use planning methods and tools to improve project planning and scheduling in your organization. Create project plans and milestones, work with project resources, handle scheduling conflicts, track progress and much more.
- Project Management Training: Core Tools for Successful Project Management, Certificate in Applied Project Management (PMP), Exam Preparation for PMP, Project Management for Manager- Midpoint Campus Center only- For full course details go to www.lorainccc.edu/projmgmt.
- Intro to Webpage Design-Includes training to create your own webpage as well as search engine optimization techniques.
Office/Business IT Training:
- MS Office and more – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook 2010, QuickBooks Pro 2010 and more. Check out our MS Office Hot Topics Series- 2 hour mini sessions in several MS Office products. Click here
Ed2Go provides hundreds of online courses in almost every IT area as well as courses to enhance other work-related skills. Check out hundreds of Ed2Go courses here .
Training Time for IT Professionals
- Training Time in Technology- hands on training in Mobile Networking, IPv6 and Security and much more.
Business Skills for IT Professionals
- Supervisor/Managerials Essentials Certificate
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Making Meetings Work
- Time and Change Management
- Business/E-mail Etiquette
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Performance Management and Productivity
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- Coaching for Success
Click here to learn more.
Questions on above courses/programs
Contact Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lori at email@example.com, 440-366-7405.
Operating a business has never been more challenging than in today’s competitive environment. Whether you are starting a business or expanding your current operation, LCCC@Work can help you to become more efficient, productive and competitive. Call 440-366-4300 for convenient, affordable, training and support for your business.