Information Technology Programs and Certifications
Advance your IT Career
A market study from the Northeast Ohio Information Technology (IT) Workforce Institute Initiative indicates a growing demand for IT professionals and skilled workers across the region. Whether you need training for your workforce or professional certifications to move your career forward, LCCC has the IT training and certification programs you need.
Employers, IT workers and students have told us what they need to advance in the IT job market. Courses may be taken at LCCC or at the workplace. Many courses can also be taken online.
- Network + Certification – Validate your knowledge as a network professional and demonstrate a wide range of skills required in today’s network environments. Network + covers two main areas: Networking Technology and Networking Practices. This course is a first step into networking, and prepares you for the certification exam.
- MS 6421 – Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network- prepares you to successfully implement, build on, troubleshoot, and debug this technology and sit for the MCTS exam 070-642- TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring.
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)- Prepares you for entry level network technician career. First step in attaining your CCNA. Click here for program detail sheet.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) – LCCC offers the CCNA program for college credit as well as non-credit. Courses are taught on-campus using the Cisco training program. Train to become a Network Administrator in four semesters. Click here for program detail sheet.
- Mobile Applications 4 G LTE Long Term Evolution Seminar-Long Term Evolution (LTE), is the latest standard in the mobile network technology tree that previously realized the GSM/EDGE and UMTS/HSxPA network technologies. The LTE specification provides downlink peak rates of at least 100 Mbps, an uplink of at least 50 Mbps and RAN round-trip times of less than 10 ms. Seminar will cover the following: LTE technology including Femtocells, LTE Markets Enterprise, Consumer, Telematics,1st responder and DoD. Also, end user devices such as iphones, droids and other end user equipment. Highlights of new LTE-Advanced standard will be presented. Must be a networking professional to take this course. Available for groups of 6 or more.
- Fundamentals of PC Security
Targeted toward small and medium sized businesses. Gain understanding in various security issues such as protecting yourself from malicious users on the Internet; signs and symptoms of an attack; select and use anti spyware, anti spam products and more; how to clean up your computer so your system will run efficiently, saving hours of time, money and frustration. Prerequisites – basic web browsing and computer skills. Available for groups of 6 or more.
- Introduction to IPv6 - students will learn the features of
the IPv6 protocol and deployment considerations to coexist with IPv4. Focus will be on understanding how the protocol differs from IPv4 and new security issues that could be exploited in IPv6. A hands-on lab will demonstrate the configuration elements of routers, Windows and Linux host computers. Available for groups of 6 or more.
- CompTIA Project+ is a globally recognized project management certification that provides validation of fundamental project management skills. It covers the entire project life cycle from initiation and planning through execution, acceptance, support and closure. There are no prerequisites,and candidates are not required to submit an application or complete additional hours of continuing education. Available for groups of 6 or more.
- MS Project – Use planning methods and tools to improve project planning and scheduling in your organization. Create project plans and milestones, work with project resources, handle scheduling conflicts, track progress and much more. Available for groups of 6 or more.
- Project Management Training: Core Tools for Successful Project Management, Certificate in Applied Project Management (PMP), Exam Preparation for PMP, Project Management for Manager- For full course details go to www.lorainccc.edu/projmgmt.
- Intro to Webpage Design-Includes training to create your own webpage as well as search engine optimization techniques.
Office/Business IT Training:
Ed2Go provides hundreds of online courses in almost every IT area as well as courses to enhance other work-related skills. Check out hundreds of Ed2Go courses here .
Business Skills for IT Professionals
- Supervisor/Managerials Essentials Certificate
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Making Meetings Work
- Time and Change Management
- Business/E-mail Etiquette
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Performance Management and Productivity
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- Coaching for Success
Click here to learn more
Operating a business has never been more challenging than in today’s competitive environment. Whether you are starting a business or expanding your current operation, LCCC@Work can help you to become more efficient, productive and competitive. Call 440-366-4300 for convenient, affordable, training and support for your business.