LCCC Web Access Terms and Conditions
Governing use and access to lorainccc.edu, mycampus.lorainccc.edu, affiliated LCCC Web sites and use of Lorain County Community College equipment.
Acceptance of Terms
By accessing any of Lorain County Community College's site and/or using Lorain County Community College equipment, you agree that you have read and understand this agreement, and that your use of lorainccc.edu, mycampus.lorainccc.edu, campusnet.lorainccc.edu, webreg.lorainccc.edu and equipment owned or maintained by Lorain County Community College shall conform to this agreement. We reserve the right to change or amend this agreement without notice.
User Account, Password, and Security
By accessing our site and/or otherwise accepting this agreement, you agree to comply with the following guidelines. While using lorainccc.edu, mycampus.lorainccc.edu and affiliated LCCC Web sites, you agree not to:
- harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress or discomfort upon another user, individual or entity;
- access, view or transmit via Lorain County Community College equipment any information, data, text, files, links, software, chat, communication or other content that Lorain County Community College considers to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, federal, or international law, including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing lorainccc.edu or webreg.lorainccc.edu in any manner;
- invade the privacy or violate any personal or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- infringe the intellectual property rights or similar rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights and trademarks, of any person or entity;
- upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content. Lorain County Community College shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove content that is deemed in the college’s discretion to be harmful, offensive, incorrect or otherwise in violation of this agreement.
Proprietary Rights of Lorain County Community College
You acknowledge and agree that Lorain County Community College or our affiliates exclusively own or has been licensed by third parties to use all rights, title, and interest in the services and the information, data, databases, images, sound recordings, audio and visual clips, and other content (collectively, "content") provided by Lorain County Community College.
Lorain County Community College Web sites are copyrighted. Lorain County Community College owns the copyright in the entire compilation of lorainccc.edu, webreg.lorainccc.edu and affiliated Web sites. All images and text are copyrighted by Lorain County Community College, except for materials specifically designated as belonging to another party.
No copyrighted material or other content may be performed, distributed, downloaded, uploaded, modified, reused, reproduced, reposted, retransmitted, disseminated, sold, published, broadcast or circulated or otherwise used in any way whatsoever except as expressly stated either in such materials or in this agreement without express written permission of Lorain County Community College or permission of the copyright owner. Any modification of the content, or any portion thereof, or use of the content for any other purpose constitutes an infringement of Lorain County Community College's copyrights and other proprietary rights. Use of the content on any other Web site or other networked computer environment is prohibited without prior written permission from Lorain County Community College.
Trademarks Owned or Licensed by Lorain County Community College
The trademarks and logos used on Lorain County Community College's site are owned by Lorain County Community College and affiliated organizations. No use of any Lorain County Community College trademark or any other trademark listed is permitted without expressed written consent.
Certain links are provided that may lead to Web sites maintained by third parties over which we have no control. We take no responsibility for the accuracy, content, or any aspect of that material, and disclaim any liability to you for such material or for any consequence of your decision to use the links provided or your use of such material. We also disclaim all liability and make no representations or warranties for any products or services sold or provided to you by any third party. Your purchase of products or services through one of those other sites is subject to agreements and/or the terms and conditions in effect between you and the providers of products and services at those other sites. You agree that you shall not bring a suit or claim against Lorain County Community College or any of our affiliates arising from or based on your purchase or use of products or services through those other sites. Links do not imply that Lorain County Community College or any of our affiliates sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyright symbol of Lorain County Community College or any of our affiliates.
It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that information, data, and software you download or otherwise select for your use is free of viruses and other destructive items.
Consent to Electronic Communications and E-mail Solicitation
Changes to Agreement and Services
We may make changes to this agreement at any time. Your continued use of the services indicates your continued agreement to be bound by this agreement. You should view this agreement often to stay informed of changes that may affect you.