Faculty and Staff Information
All faculty and staff are invited to participate in this year’s commencement ceremony. This is a momentous day for many of our students and their families, and we hope that you will show your support and help to celebrate their accomplishments. Each year we attract more and more students to the ceremony, and last year we saw nearly 550 students cross the stage. Your presence plays a strong role in the success of the day and influences what our students will remember for years to come. Details regarding your role in the event can be found below.
DAY OF COMMENCEMENT DETAILS
- Click here for instructions for wearing academic hood.
- Regalia: Faculty and Staff regalia must be ordered by February 14 by clicking one of the links below to complete the online order form or by contacting the bookstore. The bookstore will contact you when you regalia is ready for pick-up.
- Arrival: Plan to arrive by 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 17, in your regalia, and gather in two straight lines in the west hallway adjacent to the field house (where the Early College lockers are located). Faculty Marshals and Staff (both will be wearing lanyards) will be there to assist you. ALL MEMBERS OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE LEADERSHIP TEAM SHOULD BE TOGETHER AT THE FRONT OF THE LEFT LINE. Otherwise, there is no specific order for faculty and staff. The ceremony will start promptly at 9:30, and last approximately 2.5 hours.
- Parking: Available for all attendees in any of the LCCC parking lots except Lot #9 (in front of the Barbara and Mike Bass Library) which will be reserved for handicapped parking. Guests and candidates with special needs are welcome to use Lot #9.
- Marching: Faculty and Staff all march together as one group, in their two lines, immediately following the Platform Party (led by Dr. Church).Click here to view diagram. You will remain standing at your seats as the students march behind you.
- Rehearsal: You are all welcome to attend an optional rehearsal on Friday, May 16 at 9:30 a.m. This portion of the rehearsal will be specifically for Faculty, Staff and Faculty Marshals. Marshals, please report at 9 a.m.
- Faculty Marshals: If you are interested in serving as a Faculty Marshal or volunteering to serve on the Commencement Committee, please contact Alison Musser (7651) or Stephanie Sutton (7622), Commencement Committee Co-Chairs.
- Reception: A reception for all students, faculty, staff and their guests will be held in the College Center Commons immediately following the ceremony. Please join us and take this time to personally congratulate your students!
COMMUNICATING COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION TO STUDENTS:
One of the biggest challenges we face every year is making sure our student body is aware of the many deadlines associated with Commencement. Please help us by reminding students that you regularly interact with of the following deadlines:
- March 14: Deadline for LCCC Graduates to complete their petition to graduate (Counseling Desk in Career Services).
- April 11: Student deadline to order cap and gown (links found under LCCC Graduate Information or UP Graduate Information pages).
- April 14: Grad Fair - College Center Commons, Caps and Gowns will be distributed here for LCCC students. Caps and Gowns will also be available for pick up in the Bookstore through May 16. UP students will pick theirs up at the UP office between May 5 and May 16.
- May 16: Optional rehearsal for students begins at 11 a.m. in Ewing.
Click here download and print instruction cards for UP and LCCC graduating students.