LCCC Student Graduate Information
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from LCCC! Here you will find everything you need to know to participate in the 2014 Commencement Ceremony.
Click here to download an print the LCCC Student Graduation Instruction card.
Steps to take in order to ensure you graduate!
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor at (440) 366-4033 to review your eligibility.
- Go to the Counseling desk within Enrollment Services and complete the Graduation Candidacy Request Form before March 14. Or click here to complete the form online.
- A counselor will audit your academic record to ensure you meet all the graduation requirements. You will receive a copy of your academic audit in the mail within 7-10 days, and a counselor will contact you if you do not meet the requirements to graduate.
To win an iPad, you must march in the 2014 Ceremony on May 17, 2014.
Steps to Take to Participate in the 2014Commencement Ceremony and Register to Win an iPad!
- Complete steps 1-3 above.
- Visit the LCCC Bookstore to get your cap and gown. Advanced orders are no longer necessary. There is no additional fee for your cap and gown. Once you pick up your cap and gown, you will be registered in the iPad drawing. You must be in attendance at Commencement to win.
- Bring your photo ID to pick up your cap and gown.
- Provide the Bookstore staff with the correct pronunciation of your name (you can do this during cap and gown pick up).
- Invite as many family members and friends as you like to cheer for you as you walk across the stage.
- Attend the optional rehearsal at 11 a.m., Friday, May 16 in the Ewing Activities Center.
- Arrive in the Gymnasium (PE Building) at 8:30 a.m., Saturday, May 17, 2014 and get ready to cross that stage!
All students graduating with honors will be noted in the Commencement program and will have that distinction indicated when your name is announced. If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa and would like to purchase special regalia in addition to your cap and gown, please contact the Student Life Office at 440-366-4036.
We welcome all students and guests with a permanent or temporary disability to share in the joy of the Commencement Ceremony. If you or any of your guests have a permanent or temporary disability, please contact the Campus Security Office at 440-366-4053. Accessible seating is available at the Commencement Ceremony. However due to space limitations, we can only allow one person to accompany an individual in the accessible seating areas.
DAY OF COMMENCEMENT DETAILS
The Ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Ewing Activities Center and will last approximately 2 ½ hours. You are welcome to invite as many invite as many friends and family members as you like—there are no required tickets for entry. Guest seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis (we suggest family and friends arrive by 9 a.m.). You and your guests are invited to attend a reception sponsored by student life in the new College Center building immediately following the ceremony.
- Student Arrival: If you are marching on May 17, you need to report to the Gymnasium in the PE Building by 8:30 a.m. There will be signs on the wall with candidates’ names and row numbers. Once you find your name, make sure the Faculty Marshal checks your name off and proceed to the appropriate row number where you will line up alphabetically. It is critical that you arrive by 8:30 a.m. so that your name is not removed from the final marching line-up.
- Faculty Marshals will be on hand along with volunteers to help you find your appropriate place and to lead the group to the Ewing Activities Center. Look for faculty or staff with lanyards if you need assistance.
- Please leave all valuables with your family and friends, do not bring them to the PE Building.
- Parking: Available for candidates and their families in any of the LCCC parking lots except Lot #9 (in front of the Barbara and Mike Bass Library) which will be reserved for handicapped parking. Guests and candidates with special needs are welcome to use Lot #9.
- Dress: We trust you to use judgment in respect to adding any additional adornment to the traditional ceremonial regalia. This is a joyous yet dignified event, and we trust your dress will keep with the spirit of the occasion (please no shorts or sandals under you gown). Each graduate will walk up and down several stairs to cross the stage, so keep this in mind when selecting footwear.
- Diploma Distribution: You will receive a diploma cover as you walk across the stage. Official diplomas and certificates will be mailed to your home address by mid-July. All outstanding student obligations (overdue library books, unpaid bills, parking citations, etc.) must be satisfied before diplomas or transcripts are available.
CONFERRING OF DEGREES
The names of all candidates will be read alphabetically by degree and certificate in the following order:
Lorain County Community College Degrees/Certificates
- ASSOCIATE OF ARTS
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED BUSINESS
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE
- ASSOCIATE OF INDIVIDUAL STUDIES
- ASSOCIATE OF TECHNICAL STUDIES
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE
- ONE-YEAR TECHNICAL CERTIFICATES (Certificate of Proficiency)
If you are receiving more than one degree/certificate you will be alphabetically assigned a seat in the first group from the above list for which you will receive a degree. You will proceed to the stage to be recognized with that group when your name is called, and will only cross the stage once.
If you are receiving a degree from a University Partnership program as well as a degree from LCCC you will be recognized with the University Partnership. Any questions concerning multiple degrees/certificates with regard to marching should be clarified with the Faculty Marshals when you line up for the ceremony on May 17.