University Partnership Graduate Information
Congratulations! All students graduating from a University Partnership program are invited to join in the celebration and participate in the 2015 Commencement Ceremony. You will be seated with your program area and will have the opportunity to march across the stage with your family and friends cheering you on.
Click here to download and print the UP Student Graduation Instruction card.
STEPS TO TAKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2015 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY AND REGISTER TO WIN AN IPAD-MUST BE PRESENT ON MAY 16 TO WIN.
- Contact your University Partnership school to verify your eligibility to graduate and RSVP to the University Partnership office, (440) 366-4949.
- Click here to order your cap and gown before March 20, 2015.
- Pick up your cap and gown at the University Partnership office May 4-15.
- Invite as many friends and family as you like to cheer for you as your cross the stage.
- Attend the optional rehearsal on Friday, May 15, 2015 at 2:30 p.m. in the Ewing Activities Center.
- Arrive in the Gymnasium (PE Building) at 8:30 a.m. on May 16 and get ready to cross that stage.
All students graduating with honors will be noted in the Commencement program and will have that distinction indicated when your name is announced. If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa and would like to purchase special regalia in addition to your cap and gown, please contact the Student Life Office at 440-366-4036.
STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
We welcome all students and guests with special needs to share in the joy of the Commencement Ceremony. If you or any of your guests have special needs or ambulatory restrictions, please contact the Campus Security Office at 440-366-4053 as soon as possible so that we are able to make special arrangements to accommodate your participation.
DAY OF COMMENCEMENT DETAILS
The Ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Ewing Activities Center and will last approximately 2 ½ hours. You are welcome to invite as many invite as many friends and family members as you like—there are no required tickets for entry. Guest seating is available on a first-come, first serve-basis (we suggest family and friends arrive by 9 a.m.). You and your guests are invited to attend a reception sponsored by student life in the new College Center building immediately following the ceremony.
- Student Arrival: If you are marching on May 16, you need to report to the Gymnasium in the PE Building by 8:30 a.m. There will be signs on the wall with candidates’ names and row numbers. Once you find your name, make sure the Faculty Marshal checks your name off and proceed to the appropriate row number where you will line up alphabetically. It is critical that you arrive by 8:30 a.m. so that your name is not removed from the final marching line-up.
- Faculty Marshals will be on hand along with volunteers to help you find your appropriate place and to lead the group to the Ewing Activities Center. Look for faculty or staff with lanyards if you need assistance.
- Please leave all valuables with your family and friends, do not bring them to the PE Building.
- Parking: Available for candidates and their families in any of the LCCC parking lots except Lot #9 (in front of the Barbara and Mike Bass Library) which will be reserved for handicapped parking. Guests and candidates with special needs are welcome to use Lot #9.
- Dress: We trust you to use judgment in respect to adding any additional adornment to the traditional ceremonial regalia. This is a joyous yet dignified event, and we trust your dress will keep with the spirit of the occasion (please no shorts or sandals under you gown). Each graduate will walk up and down several stairs to cross the stage. Please keep this in mind when selecting footwear.
- Diploma Distribution: You will receive a diploma cover as you walk across the stage. Official diplomas and certificates will be mailed to your home address by mid-July. All outstanding student obligations (overdue library books, unpaid bills, parking citations, etc.) must be satisfied before diplomas or transcripts are available.
CONFERRING OF UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP DEGREES
The names of all candidates will be read alphabetically by degree and certificate in the following order:
University Partnership Degrees
- BACHELOR'S DEGREES
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATES
- MASTER'S DEGREES
If you are receiving a degree from a University Partnership program as well as a degree from LCCC you will be recognized with the University Partnership. Any questions concerning multiple degrees/certificates with regard to marching should be clarified with the Faculty Marshals when you line up for the ceremony on May 16.