Free Workshops for LCCC Students
The LCCC Student Success Coaches, AmeriCorps Completion Coaches and the Center for Inclusive Excellence will offer a series of student success workshops.
Thinking About Math
February 9, 1-3 p.m., or
February 10, 3-5 p.m.
- Hands-on techniques in learning how to deal with math problems.
- Tips about how the brain processes math, while learning how to use that information to improve math skills.
The Three “How To’s” for Being Successful In College
February 17, 1-2:45 p.m.
February 17, 3-4:45 p.m.
- How to Register For Your Classes Using Your MyCampus Account
- How to Develop Efficient and Effective Study Groups
- How to Study For Your Tests
FAFSA Hands-On Processing
March 2, 1-3 p.m., or
March 3, 3-5 p.m.
- Complete your 2016-1017 FAFSA with step-by-step help from LCCC’s financial aid professionals.
Preparation prior to attending the workshop:
- Ensure that you have an Academic Plan completed. You should have already completed a few planned semesters with your student success coach, academic advisor or academic counselor. If you do not have one on file, you should schedule an appointment to meet with your student success coach before the workshop.
- Create a FSA ID at http://www.studentaid.ed.gov/ web site. If you are a dependent student, you will also need a FSA ID for one of your parents.
***All first year (2015-16) Diversity Incentive Award, Presidential and Trustee Scholars: You are strongly encouraged to attend the workshops to satisfy the requirements of your Scholarship Acceptance Agreement. You may also use the workshops to serve as credit for your semester meetings with your student success coach.
For more information, please contact Saundra Daniels email@example.com or Jesse Day firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is required.
Please register below.