Guidelines for Testing Accommodations
Extended Time for Testing
Unless a prior arrangement is made with the instructor, students with Extended Time for Testing will test in the Testing Center located in CC 233. Reservations are not required for the Testing Center. Students will sign in at the kiosks and then presents their ID to the Testing Center staff. The instructor and the student may also agree to test in another quiet area that is conducive to demonstrating knowledge of the learning objectives. Instructors teaching online courses should contact Distance Learning at x7582 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
if there are questions regarding how to change testing times online.
Separate Room Testing:
Students with a VISA stating that they need Separate Room Testing, may test in one of the testing rooms in Disability Services. To schedule a room, a student must contact Disability Services office at 440-366-4058 or communicate through e-mail at email@example.com.
Students need to state the day and time a room is needed. Failure to schedule a room in advance may result in delayed testing or having the student test in the Testing Center. Instructors will send all exams to the Testing Center regardless of whether the students take the test in Disability Services. Students will check in at the kiosk and then use the lockers provided by the Testing Center to store their belongings. Students will then pick up their exam and walk it over to Disability Services. After completing the exam students will take it back to the Testing Center for check-out. All testing rooms are equipped with video surveillance to protect the integrity of the testing process.
All Students with Testing Accommodations:
- Students must request accommodations from their instructor at least 3 days in advance for each test or quiz. At that time they should confirm testing requirements (closed book, use of a calculator, etc), the time if different from the normal class time, and the testing location.
- The instructor will fill out a test cover sheet indicating the exact extended time noted on the student's VISA and send the test with cover sheet to the Testing Center (tests will not be accepted in Disability Services). Please keep in mind that time is needed to process exams before the scheduled test. Last minute processing of coversheets and instructions may impact the student’s scheduled test time.
On the day of testing:
- Students must present a picture I.D. such as an LCCC student I.D. or driver’s license to the Testing Center.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the testing area until the test is completed.
- Students must follow instructor guidelines for the test. No changes will be made at the point of testing without instructor permission.
- Students should come prepared with pencils, paper, calculator, or other material they need to take the test.
- Students who are taking their test in Disability Services will pick up the test in the Testing Center and bring it to Disability Services.
- The student Code of Conduct will be enforced.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the testing area.
- No children are allowed in either the testing area or in the adjacent areas.
- After completing a test, students are required to return the test to the staff, sign out, and retrieve their belongings.
- Students must complete their tests before the scheduled closing time. For example, if open hours are between 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. and you are taking a three-hour test, it is your responsibility to start your test by 9:30 a.m. to ensure that your test will be completed by 12:30 p.m. All tests will be collected at the scheduled closing time. No exceptions will be made. Please confirm Testing Center hours at 440-366-7773 or 440-366-7654 or check https://www.lorainccc.edu/current+students/testing+center
- The staff cannot accept homework, extra credit assignments, etc. The student is responsible for turning in such materials to their instructor.
- Tests will be returned to the instructor per their requests for grading.