Global Entrepreneurship Week
November 12-16, 2012
Lorain County Community College is celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week – Nov. 12-16 – with a variety of events to inspire innovation.
During Global Entrepreneurship Week thousands of activities are being planned in more than 75 countries around the world. The goal of the week’s events is to inspire young people to consider entrepreneurship, connect them with organizations that foster the business spirit, provide mentors and engage policymakers around the world.
Activities on the LCCC campus include:
Monday, November 12, 2012
- 11 a.m. -College Center Commons at the Blackstone LaunchPad table
- Mrs. Stella Moga-Kennedy, founder of Le Chaperon Rouge, will answer questions and talk with students
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Blackstone Launchpad FREE Breakout Sessions
(all are held in CC 114)
- Social Entrepreneurship, 10-11 a.m.
- Going from Idea to a Business, 11 a.m. to noon
- Going from Idea to a Business, noon to 1 p.m.
- Entrepreneurship and the American Dream, 1-2 p.m.
- Social Entrepreneurship, 2-3 p.m.
- Entrepreneurship and the American Dream, 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Presentation by panel of experts followed by discussion.
- 10 - 11 am - Stocker Cinema Hall
- Panel includes:
Jim Gundlach – Jim Gundlach Sculpture, LLC
Tim Kiedrowski – Amherst Bakery
Sharie Renee - Cosmic Bobbins
Catherine Pastron – Catherine’s Chocolates
Marcia Depalma - Laurel Run Cooking School
LCCC tours following the panel
- 11 – 11:30 a.m.
- Culinary Arts – Eric Petrus
- 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- iLoft – Dr. Vince Granito
- Fab Lab – Scott Zitek
- Stocker Center Art Gallery - Joan Perch
- Blackstone LaunchPad – Janice Lapina
Please click here for details and event registration.
For questions or further information, call: 440-366-4900.
Global Entrepreneurship Week is founded by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and the Make Your Mark campaign; sponsored by NYSE Euronext, IBM and Ernst & Young; and, supported by JA Worldwide, Endeavor, Entrepreneurs’ Organization, DECA, YPO-WPO, National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship, Young Americas Business Trust, YES - European Confederation of Young Entrepreneurs.
To view a complete list of participating countries and organizations or to learn more, visit www.unleashingideas.org.