Recognized as One of the
Best Places to Work in
Employment Opportunities at LCCC
Lorain County Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin and ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age and disability.
Lorain County Community College
Human Resources Office
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, Ohio 44035
Foundation Executive Director
The Lorain County Community College is seeking a skilled, entrepreneurial, and strategic Executive Director for the College’s Foundation.
The Foundation’s Executive Director will work closely with the College President and Vice President for Strategic and Institutional Development, and lead all the advancement and fundraising activities for the Foundation. The Executive Director utilizes institutional goals and objectives to establish direction for expanded resource development, revenue enhancement, partnership building and launch of new strategic initiatives.
Reporting to the Vice President for Strategic and Institutional Development, the principle responsibility of the Foundation’s Executive Director is to facilitate key fundraising and advancement activities for the Foundation. This is a full-time position located in Elyria, Ohio.
About the Lorain County Community College Foundation
The Lorain County Community College Foundation is a separately incorporated 501c(3) nonprofit established in 1973. The Foundation directly supports the Lorain County Community College and its philanthropic initiatives. The Foundation assembles resources to accelerate LCCC’s mission and vision. This support creates a “margin of excellence” for LCCC that is not possible through traditional sources alone.
The Foundation’s Executive Director will collaborate with other administrators, the Foundation Board of Directors, and other members of the College’s and Foundation’s faculty and staff to ensure advancement and fundraising goals and benchmarks for the Foundation are being met.
This is a unique position that will require a candidate with special entrepreneurial skills and the tenacity to ensure gifts are not only secured, but that a strong cultivation and stewardship program is continued. Candidates must be a solid closer, while at the same time have a strong track record of developing and cultivating donor relationships over time.
• Creating and implementing strategies to identify, cultivate, steward and secure philanthropic gifts from individuals, corporations, businesses and foundations.
• Connect and align LCCC strategic priorities with LCCC Foundation strategic plans and initiatives.
• Serve as Campaign Director for the Foundation’s major, capital and planned gift campaigns
• Direct and administer a philanthropic giving program to include annual, major, capital, and planned giving.
• Direct LCCC alumni and friends programs.
• Engage LCCC Foundation Board of Directors to achieve goals and objectives.
• Ensure effective and efficient management of Foundation operations, policies and practices.
• Research and pursue alternative funding sources to broaden resource base.
• Serve as liaison with partners at the local, regional, state and federal level.
• Establish short and long term strategies to increase support for College initiatives.
• Develop cultivation and stewardship plans for College partners to sustain positive relationships and partnerships.
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; recommends selection, retention, leave, and/or promotion of assigned staff.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with a Master’s Degree preferred.
• CFRE certification preferred.
• Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and occasional weekends.
• Minimum of 5+ years of progressive responsibility in development field (preferably in higher education) with a proven track record in building relationships, and major gift solicitation and cultivation with individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to manage short-term and long-term plans and goals with a record of achieving results.
• Solid, persuasive verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to deliver inspiring and succinct presentations and conduct productive meetings.
• The ideal candidate will possess very good judgment, strong emotional intelligence, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Authentic persona; highly energetic and a natural collaborator.
• Passion for the Lorain County Community College’s mission.
• Proficiency must be in the hands-on use of Microsoft Office software.
• Proficiency in CRM software, preferably Bloomerang database management.
This position is a full-time position, and compensation is commensurate with experience and enhanced by a comprehensive benefits package.
Deadline to apply is December 5, 2016 or until position is filled.
The Lorain County Community College Foundation is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply please submit resume and salary requirements by email to: LCCCSearch@Cramerfundraising.com
Or by mail to:
Cramer & Associates, Inc.
Attn: LCCC Job Search
555 Metro Place North
Dublin, Ohio 43017
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE