Now Recruiting for the SPRING 2015 Semester!
Lorain County Community College’s Connect2Complete program is seeking Peer Advocates for the Spring 2015 semester! If you enjoy helping others, are seeking a leadership opportunity, and looking for ways to make your resume stand out… this opportunity is for you! Peer Advocates support fellow LCCC students serving as a “go-to” person connecting them to campus/community resources, engage them in Community Engagement projects, and provide them with the basic tools to address barriers to success!
Main Peer Advocate duties include supporting/mentoring your students (around 1 hour/week), taking the “Leadership Through Civic Engagement” training, engage students in Community Engagement Activities and other supportive/educational events/workshops, and complete all other program expectations (orientation, timesheets, monthly meetings, etc.)
Peer Advocates must:
- Commit to a minimum of 1 semester of Peer Advocacy
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours of college courses
- Be enrolled in at least 6 semester hours at LCCC or a University Partnership school
- Be in good academic standing and have a 2.25 cumulative GPA or higher
- Have already completed or be enrolled in college level reading and writing course work
- Have an interest in serving students and the community
- Have an ability to relate to students from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Express an interest in working collaboratively with C2C students, other Peer Advocates from LCCC and Peer Advocates from other colleges/universities
- Lead by example and be reliable
- Understand their role as a leader, mentor and role model
- Be willing to actively engage in all Peer Advocate and C2C student events
- Make A Difference and empower other students!
- Gain Experience & Build your Resume
- Develop a Peer & Professional Network
- Develop & Enhance Leadership Skills
- Leadership Training: Leadership Through Civic Engagement
- Attendance at Conferences as available (state/regional/national)
- Free Peer Advocate T-Shirts and other promotional items
- Become an LCCC Service Learning student and receive a Graduation Medallion
Complete the Peer Advocate Application and submit as soon as possible, but no later than 2 weeks before the spring semester begins. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will follow.
Download the Spring 2015 Peer Advocate Application
Questions or More Information:
Contact Career Services Office located on the 1st Floor of the Library Building - 440-366-4076
or email Alissa Bambarger at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.