Federal Work Study Subsidized Employment
The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program is a federally subsidized employment program, which provides part-time work opportunities for students. This program provides a valuable opportunity for LCCC students to offset their education costs and help keep their loan indebtedness to a minimum.
The FWS Program also includes employment opportunities with nonprofit organizations. To be eligible, positions should be designed to solve a particular problem related to their needs or improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low income individuals.
As the employer, the nonprofit organization is responsible for 25% of the student's wages, while Lorain County Community College's Federal Work-Study allotment covers the other 75%. The attached Community Service Contract provides more details about role as a FWS employer.
To be considered as an employer for FWS, please complete and return the Agency Application Form and the Community Service Contract to:
Cyndi McCabe, Job Placement Coordinator
Lorain County Community College
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, OH 44035
Once approved, we will be in touch regarding next steps. Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 440 366-7699.
We look forward to working with you to provide great opportunities for LCCC students and to better our community.