Work-Based Learning Orientation and Information
Having work experience in your field of study is one of the best ways to get the job you want after graduation. You can gain this valuable experience while still in school!
Work-Based Learning Program:
Provides you the opportunity to translate classroom theories into practical applications on the job. It is a credit course which tells your future employers that not only did you perform to the specifications of your internship or co-op, but that you also met LCCC's standards of academic performance. Opportunities exist with local employers as well as LCCC's own Innovation Fund entrepreneurs. You can also earn credit for a current job in your field of study.
Benefits Of Work-Based Learning
Who Qualifies for Work-Based Learning
- Sharpen the skills that employers value
- Apply your classroom learning in the workplace
- Increase your self-confidence / interpersonal skills
- Make valuable contacts in the field
- Gain experience that looks good on your résumé
- Obtain an entry on your transcript which will show you have experience in your field
- Gain insights helpful in your career and academic planning and
- Earn money to help with your college expenses (if it is a paid WBL experience)
You qualify for a WBL Experience if you:
- Are enrolled in an approved program at LCCC
- Have completed a sufficient number of credit hours in your program: 12 credit hours for an internship., 15 credit hours for a co-op. Co-ops must have completed 6 credit hours in their major
- Have a 2.0 GPA overall, a 2.5 in your major for a co-op
- Have divisional approval
- For co-op credit, the work placement must be related to your major
You have successfully completed the Work-Based Learning Orientation.
Prior to meeting with the Internship and Co-op Coordinator, please click here to complete a short, REQUIRED survey.
To schedule your individual appointment, contact the office by phone 440-366-4076, email email@example.com, or in person at Employment and Career Services on the first floor of the Community Resource Center.
You must also register in theLCCC Career Link Systembefore your appointment. Please bring a draft or copy of your resume to the appointment.