Choose Ohio First Scholarship
Lorain County Community College will offer full- and partial-tuition scholarships beginning fall 2013 to LCCC and University Partnership students pursuing majors in one of many identified programs in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) as part of the state of Ohio’s Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program.
To qualify for the scholarship, LCCC and UP STEM students must:
- Have a 3.0 or higher high school or college Grade Point Average
- Reside in the state of Ohio
- Have declared a STEM major through LCCC in an associate’s degree program or the University Partnership
- Register for a minimum of eight credit hours for the 2015 fall semester at LCCC or with a University Partner.
- To be eligible for renewal, student must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and make sufficient progress toward degree completion in a timely manner.
Students currently receiving full-tuition scholarships for 2014-2015 academic year are not eligible to apply.
The following majors are included in the list of qualifying programs:
LCCC Associate’s Degree Programs
- Associate of Science
- Automated engineering Technology
- Clinical Lab Science
- Computer Information Technology
- Network Communications Technology
- Software Development
- Web Development
- Computer Maintenance and Networking
- Digital Forensics
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Industrial Computing Application Specialist
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Medical Arts
- Nuclear Medicine
- Welding Technology
LCCC/University Partnership Programs
- Automated Manufacturing Engineering Technology, the University of Akron
- Biology, Bowling Green State University
- Computer Information Systems, The University of Akron
- Computer Science & Engineering Technology, University of Toledo
- Computer Science & Engineering, University of Toledo
- Environmental Science, Bowling Green State University
- Graduate Studies in Engineering Management, Ohio University
- Psychology, Cleveland State University
- Respiratory Care, Bowling Green State University, Firelands
- Surveying & Mapping, The University of Akron
To apply for LCCC’s Choose Ohio First Scholarship, click here to download the scholarship application. Preference will be given to students who apply before June 1, 2015.
For more information about the LCCC Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program, please contact the LCCC Financial Services Center at (440) 366-4034.