Unusual Enrollment History (UEH)
Beginning with the 2013-14 academic year, the Federal Department of Education has enacted a provision entitled “Unusual Enrollment History” which identifies students who have received Pell funding at multiple institutions during the three most recent award years. Such an enrollment history requires a review of transcripts from all previously attended universities. Before any consideration can be given for release of federal funds, you must submit transcripts from all previously attended colleges to LCCC.
- If your FAFSA has been flagged by the Central Processing System for review, you will have “Prior College Info.” listed under your “To Do” list on your MyCampus page with instructions directing you to submit transcripts from all previously attended institutions, if you have not yet done so. You are REQUIRED to submit transcripts from every institution attended, even if you are not requesting transfer credit from those schools.
- Our office will review your transcripts to confirm that you received academic credit at each of those institutions during the award year in which you received Pell. Based on that confirmation, we will authorize release of federal funds.
- If you did not earn academic credit at a previously attended institution, you will not be eligible for federal aid for the current term.
- You may request an appeal by submitting an Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) appeal form available on the LCCC Financial Aid and Scholarships page.
- The UEH committee will review your appeal and supporting documentation to determine you eligibility for continued aid based on federal guidelines.
- You will be notified of the decision through your LCCC email.
- If your appeal is denied, you may ask for reconsideration of your appeal once you meet LCCC’s standard academic progress requirements.
- These requirements may include successfully earning academic credit for the current term; or filing an SAP appeal and following an academic plan.
- Your request will again be reviewed by the UEH appeal committee and you will be notified of the decision and any further action required via LCCC email.