Resources for Adult Learners
We at Lorain County Community College understand that adult learners returning to college after years away from school face a unique set of challenges. They have great responsibility, little time, financial obligations and anxiety related to the entire college process. LCCC offers services and programs to help the Adult Learner transition into a program the will help upgrade existing skills through short-term training programs or develop new skills/Career through over 80 degree and certificate programs to get you back into the workforce as soon as possible! We have number of ways offer our classes to better fit the demands of everyday life-on-line, in-class, days, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Unemployed? Career ReStart is a program designed specifically for the unemployed Adult Learner.
No matter what your employment status we offer:
- Personalized career decision and guidance assistance through one-on-one sessions or our “bootcamps.”
- Academic Advising and Counseling.
- Financial resource options for those who qualify-don’t know how to start the process? We can help!
- Prior Learning credit (may award college credit for college-level learning from work and life experience-saves you time and money!).
- Experiential Learning-internships, service learning opportunities, co-ops, etc.
- Employment Placement preparation assistance (build a resume, interviewing assistance, etc.).
How to get started:
Meet with a Career and Academic Specialist who can assist you with your first steps towards a new career! Please contact Career Services at 440-366-4076 to set-up an appointment.
Not sure how to pay?
Attend an information session that quickly reviews options for funding your education. Register online at www.loraincountyworks.com.