GED/ESOL (English as a Second Language) Classes
The ABLE Consortium’s mission is to provide quality adult education classes utilizing curriculum driven by state standards and benchmarks throughout Lorain County.
- Prepare students to further their educational and personal career goals.
- Foster an appreciation for lifelong learning, critical thinking skills, and effective communication in a competitive and changing world.
Utilizing ABLE services you may:
- Obtain your GED
- Improve basic academic skills
- Gain self-confidence
- Become more employable and successful on the job
- Assist your children with their homework
- Develop your English skills in reading, writing, and conversation
The LCCC ABLE Consortium under the college is housed within the LCCC Learning Center at St. Joseph Community Center. The Consortium offers classes in Lorain, Elyria, Oberlin, and Wellington. Classes are available day and evenings to adults free of charge.
The GED and ESOL classes provide a seamless transition for students to enroll into college classes and post secondary educational opportunities.
For more information, call 440-366-4811.