Testing and Assessment Center at the LCCC Wellington Center
The Testing and Assessment Center at the LCCC Wellington Center is a one-stop location for students in southern Lorain County. Students can take the COMPASS Assessment, online exams with ANGEL Secure Browser and proctored exams for LCCC, University Partnership and residents of the surrounding community.
Testing Services Available
- COMPASS Assessment
- Online Exams, including ANGEL Secure Browser
- Proctored Exams
The COMPASS Assessment, administered to most incoming LCCC students, is available at the LCCC Wellington Center. Students taking the COMPASS Assessment will be assessed in three subjects: Writing, Reading and Mathematics. To complete the entire assessment in one sitting, students should plan for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Students must bring a photo ID to be assessed. Students may bring a non-graphing scientific calculator or a standard calculator. All other testing materials are provided.
For more information on the COMPASS Assessment, click here.
Click here for a sample of questions a student may see on the COMPASS Assessment.
Students are welcome to use the Testing and Assessment Center for online exams, even if the exam does not require proctoring. Simply stop at the LCCC Wellington Center and ask the staff to be admitted to the lab. Students may also assess online with the ANGEL Secure Browser, if required for your course. Please have your instructor make arrangements with our staff for your assessment in advance.
The LCCC Wellington Center is pleased to administer a proctored exam to any student. Students should have their instructor make arrangements with the LCCC Wellington Center prior to your arrival. There is no fee for LCCC students and University Partnership students (when taking an exam related to their UP program).
A nominal fee is assessed for proctored exams that are not directly associated with LCCC or the University Partnership. For more information on the fees and registration for a proctored exam, click here.
Click here for a printable copy of student guidelines.
- Students must present a photo identification card, such as an LCCC student ID or driver's license. To protect your privacy, an LCCC student ID is suggested. This form of ID can be obtained at the Wellington Computer Lab or at the LCCC Library.
- Students who are registered with LCCC Disability Services will need to make arrangement through the Disability Services Office at (440) 366-4124. Accomodations will be provided on an as-needed basis.
- For exams not related to LCCC or the University Partnership, a test fee may apply. Visit www.lorainccc.edu/testingservices for information, registration and payment options.
- Students are welcome to contact the LCCC Wellington Center at (440) 647-1776 to ensure an exam has been received at the Wellington Testing and Assessment Center.
- No children are allowed in the Testing and Assessment Center.
- No food and/or drinks are permitted in the Testing and Assessment Center.
- Students are not permitted to converse in the Testing and Assessment Center. Cell phones and pagers must be turned off or placed in the 'Ringer Off' mode and kept in your backpack or purse while testing.
- Students should come prepared with #2 pencils, pens, erasers, calculators or other material permitted by an instructor to take tests. All other belongings (coats, hats, books, backpacks, etc.) will be kept at the front desk during the assessment.
- The Testing and Assessment Center proctors have the authority to assign seating for students taking tests.