Associate Degree Nursing - Access in Nursing
Associate of Applied Science - Curriculum Code 2401
Advanced placement for LPNs is available through the ACCESS IN NURSING program. An LPN who qualifies* (see Enrollment Services for program application) must have completed pre-admission courses with a grade of "C" or better. The LPN must complete NURS 101 and NURS 103 with a grade of "C" or better in order to gain advanced placement.
Upon successful completion of NURS 101, and NURS 103, the LPN will be given credit for the following Nursing courses:
NURS 114--Health Assessment and Clinical Reasoning-3 credits
NURS 115--Basic Nursing Concepts-7 credits
NURS 126--Maternal-Newborn Nursing-1 credit
NURS 128--Comprehensive Adult Nursing I-6 credits
NURS 214--Child Health Nursing - 1 credit
Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Donna Lupinski at 440-366-7153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career information for this program
Must be Completed Prior to Completing the Access to Nursing
||Anatomy and Physiology I **
||Introduction to Psychology **
||Anatomy and Physiology II >**
||College Composition I
||Behavioral Health Nursing >**
||Maternal-Newborn Nursing - Access >**
||Child Health Nursing - Access >**
||College 101 ^
||General Microbiology > **
||Comprehensive Adult Nursing II >**
||Human Growth and Development >
||Comprehensive Adult Nursing III >
||Concepts of Prof Nursing Practice & Client Care >**
||Introduction to Sociology
Total Credit Hours: 51
1. * Admission to ACCESS IN NURSING program.
2. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
3. ** Indicates that a grade of "C" (2.00) or better must be earned in order to continue in the sequence.
4. Students are encouraged to take ENGL 162 if they are considering pursuing the BSN.
5. ^A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of thirteen or more credit hours.
Established June 1995
Revised March 2014
Effective May 2014