Apply for Financial Aid
LCCC’s Federal School Code is 003068
Apply before June 1 for Fall Semester and October 1 for Spring Semester (preferred dates)
The first step in the financial aid process at LCCC is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current award year. Students are encouraged to apply early for all grants, scholarships and awards for which they may be eligible. For Fall Semester, applying prior to June 1 of each year will enable you to avoid the lines, late rush and ensures maximum award eligibility. Early application will allow for the completion of routine processing and possible corrections within the federal and state timelines, and will also allow the student reasonable time for personal financial planning. If you are attending Spring Semester, you should complete the FAFSA by October 1 of the award year, However, if you miss the priority dates of June 1 or October 1, it is still not too late to apply!
What are the Steps to Apply for Financial Aid?
- Obtain an FSA-ID You will need one for yourself and, if you are a dependent student, one of your parents will need an FSA-ID, also. This USER ID and password will be used to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and to secure access to government student financial aid websites.
- The FSA-ID can be obtained through https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Read and complete each question carefully
- Be sure to write down your User ID and password since you will need them for years to come
- Federal regulations stipulate that only the person whose information is being provided can complete the FSA ID request, meaning a student cannot apply for an FSA ID for his/her parent and a parent cannot apply for an FSA ID for the student
- Helpful information can be found at: https://www.ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/attachments/050415FSAIDReplaceHowToCreateFSAIDGuideATTACH.pdf
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) This form is completed electronically via http://www.fafsa.gov/. Make certain that you complete the FAFSA for the appropriate award year. The federal year runs from July 1- June 30. The LCCC school code is 003068. You will need to provide that information on the FAFSA. The following video is a helpful tool for completing the FAFSA: www.finaid.ucsb.edu/fafsasimplification
- Apply for a Direct Student Loan If you choose to obtain loan funds to help offset your educational costs, important information regarding student loans and step-by-step instructions can be found at: http://www.lorainccc.edu/Financial+Aid/Financial+Aid+and+Loans/Federal+Direct.htm
- Watch your MyCampus and LCCC email accounts for important information from our office. Please submit all additionally required information as soon as possible to assure timely disbursement of financial aid. Outstanding items will have one of the following status:
- Initiated – waiting for student to take action or submit required document
- Received – information received and in process of review
- Completed – information reviewed and completed
- Waived – document not needed – request cleared
- Apply for scholarships! Check our LCCC website for ongoing scholarship opportunities at: http://www.lorainccc.edu/Financial+Aid/Scholarships/
- Research additional scholarship opportunities through the Community Foundation of Lorain County and local fraternal, social, religious, employment and other local resources.
If you have questions, please contact the Financial Services Center at 440-366-4034, visit us in person on the first floor of the Bass Library or join us on Live Chat every Monday-Thursday from 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m.