What is Student Senate?
Student Senate Connection:
Meet your Student Senators
LCCC Student Senate
Lorain County Community College
1005 Abbe Road North
Elyria, OH 44035
(440) 365-5222 or (800) 995-5222
at Student Life.
The Lorain County Community College Student Senate is a seven-member legislative assembly that allows members of the student body to have a voice in the affairs that affect their everyday college lives.
What do they do?
The Senate serves as a liaison between students and the administration, and organizes projects and activities that improve the quality of campus life. In addition, the Senate is responsible for the chartering of new student clubs and organizations.
How can students get involved?
The Senate welcomes feedback and active participation from interested students; there are many opportunities to serve on committees and plan cultural, recreational and educational events. Remember, if you have a grievance, if you have questions about where to turn for help, or if you want to make a suggestion, stop by the Senate Office.
Where is the Senate located?
Student Senate is located on the second floor of College Center in room 236. Our office hours are the same as for Student Life (8:30am-6:00pm Monday through Thursday; 8:30am-4:30pm on Fridays).
Responsibilities of Senate Officers
- Appoints students to LCCC advisory committees.
- Presides over Senate meetings.
- Represents students on committees such as Graduation Committee.
- Helps the president with his/her duties.
- Takes over as president if the president is unable to maintain the duties of the position.
- Schedules Student Senate meetings.
- Takes minutes of meetings.
- In charge of club records.
- In charge of the Senate budget.
- In charge of club Tiers.
- Plans events for student socialization.
- Student Senate elections.
University Partnership Representative:
- Represents students registered in LCCC partnership programs.
- Serves as a liaison between partner schools and LCCC.
Learning Center Representative:
- Represents the interests and concerns of the Student Body in the outreach centers and other partnership opportunities through LCCC.