LCCC FILM SOCIETY
For more information on the Film Series or to be added to the mailing list, please call the Box Office at (440) 366-4040.
Winter Film Series Dates
The 2013 Fall Film Series has ended. Please mark your calendars for the 2014 Winter/Spring films. Dates and titles are below - more information about the films will be posted soon.
- Friday, January 31, 2014 – Lee Daniels' THE BUTLER
- Friday, February 14, 2014 - LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED
- Friday, February 21, 2014 - THE OTHER SON (Discussion After)
- Friday, February 28, 2014 - THE INTOUCHABLES
- Friday, March 7, 2014 - THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT
- Friday, March 21, 2014 - THE PATIENCE STONE (Discussion After)
- Friday, April 11, 2014 - THE GREAT BEAUTY
- Friday, April 18, 2014 - WADJDA
Film Admission (the same as the last two seasons!)
Patrons, except LCCC students/faculty/staff with valid ID, must purchase an annual membership in the LCCC Film Society for $3.00/each, which is good through April 18, 2014. The admission price for each film is $6.00/ticket with your membership card.
- Films start at 7:30pm and are shown in the Hoke Theatre of Stocker Arts Center.
- $3/each - Annual memberships, remain the same price they have been and are good for the entire season!
- AND BEST OF ALL...Any Time Tix are available for the entire year! You can purchase as many Any Time tickets as you think you'll need all at once and use them for any of the films that play during the 2013-2014 Film Series. Buy 10 and use 2 per film for 5 films, or buy 5 and use 1 per film for 5 films -- it's your choice. Any Time Tix will expire as of the last film of the 2014 Winter/Spring series, so don't buy too many. There are NO REFUNDS for Any Time Tix that you purchase but don't use...so make sure you use them all!
*You must hold a valid 2013-2014 annual membership in the LCCC Film Society (or be an LCCC student/faculty/staff member with a current validated ID) in order to purchase Film or Any Time Tix.
*Any Time Tix are good for the FILM SERIES ONLY and cannot be transferred or used for any live events occurring at Stocker Arts Center.
All films begin at 7:30 pm and are shown in the Hoke Theatre of Stocker Arts Center.
The Stocker Box Office is open Monday through Friday from noon to 6 pm and 90 minutes prior to ticketed events, including films. You can reach the Box Office at (440) 366-4040. (closed December 23, 2013 through January 3, 2014).
Sorry you missed these great Fall films:
Friday, August 30, 2013 – AMOUR
Friday, September 6, 2013 – 11 FLOWERS
Friday, September 20, 2013 - PROMISED LAND
Friday, October 4, 2013 – STARBUCK
Friday, October 11, 2013 – QUARTET
Friday, October 18, 2013 – RUST AND BONE
Friday, October 25, 2013 – LINCOLN - Special FREE Film Event
Friday, November 1, 2013 – YOU WILL BE MY SON
Friday, November 8, 2013 – RENOIR
Friday, November 15, 2013 - WHAT MAISIE KNEW
Friday, November 22, 2013 – UNFINISHED SONG
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE STOCKER ARTS CENTER FILM SOCIETY
The Stocker Arts Center Film Society is truly an alternative cinema, as most of these films have not played in Lorain County and are not always readily available on video. Audiences have the opportunity to sample the gourmet flavor of prize-winning foreign films as well as the exciting energy and originality of contemporary independent American and international cinema.
The LCCC Film Society's series focuses on human relationships, moral and social issues, cultural and religious diversity and universal human emotions and aspirations, including humor, disappointment and tragedy.
The first Film Series film was premiered on campus more than 40 years ago by Professor Emeritus Robert Dudash (who is still the LCCC Film Society Director!), making it the longest running non-academic activity at LCCC.