LCCC students transferring to another Ohio college or university.
Transfer of credit from LCCC.
Credit earned at LCCC is transferable to the four-year institution of the student's choice so long as the student has met the requirements of the receiving institution.
While the State of Ohio guarantees that equivalent courses transfer and will apply toward degree objectives in the same manner they would if the course had been taken at the receiving institution, it is still a good idea to contact the institution you want to transfer to early in order to identify any individual institution transfer policies or procedures. You will also want to continue to utilize u.select and the expertise of an adviser or counselor to ensure that you are proceeding efficiently towards your goals.
You will also want to review the State of Ohio Transfer Module (in the LCCC Catalog) with an academic advisor or counselor in order to maximize the benefit of this block transfer of credit mechanism.
What you should do to prepare to transfer.
In order to facilitate transfer with maximum applicability of transfer credit, you should:
- Meet with an LCCC counselor during your first semester.
- Seek more information from both your counselors at LCCC and the college or university to which you plan to transfer.
- Identify an institution and major to which you desire to transfer early in your collegiate studies.
- Plan a course of study that will meet the requirements of a degree program at the receiving institution.
- Determine if there are language or any special course requirements that can be met during the first or second year.
Be sure to:
Check with the college or university you plan to attend after LCCC for transfer applications, catalogs and scholarship information for students wishing to transfer to other colleges and universities
Check to see if other Ohio colleges and universities will accept your LCCC course credits with the u.select.
Individualized Transfer Plans
If your academic goals are not reflected in our University Partnership programs or our transfer agreements, you are strongly encouraged to meet with a counselor to develop your own Individualized Transfer Plan (ITP). An ITP is tailored to your own needs, curriculum and academic background. To create an ITP, please make an appointment with a counselor at (440) 366-4033 or (800) 995-5222, Ext. 4033.