The Ohio State University - Mansfield
Master of Social Work (MSW)
The CSWE accredited MSW program at The Ohio State University is designed to prepare future social work leaders to address regional, national, and global social issues. The curriculum ensures that graduates have the competencies and skills needed to successfully practice in a variety of fields such as health, aging, mental health, substance abuse and child and youth services, with the ability to intervene through direct services, administrative practice, community change, or policy reform. It is also designed to be student friendly and flexible so that you can tailor your education to fit your professional goals. This dynamic curriculum features diverse specialization options that offer you greater choice in your course of study to reflect the contemporary contexts in which social workers practice.
To be considered for admission to the MSW program, applicants must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a grade point average of a 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 system) for all previous undergraduate academic work. Those with an undergraduate GPA less than 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis and must submit GRE results.
- Have completed at least 45 quarter or 30 semester credit hours of coursework in liberal arts: 1) humanities, 2) social and behavioral sciences, and 3) natural sciences.
- Complete the Graduate Admissions application, pay the required fee and submit official transcripts from all previous college work attempted.
- Complete the College of Social Work application and submit official transcripts from all previous college work attempted.
- Submit three letters of recommendation on the provided form.
- Submit a personal statement as outlined in the application directions.
To be considered for the ASAP (Advanced Standing Alternative Plan) program, applicants
- Complete all the paperwork requirements and meet all the admission requirements for the MSW Program.
- Hold a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a CSWE accredited program within the last 5 years before the start of the MSW Program.
- Have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 in all previous undergraduate academic work attempted.
- Have earned a grade of “B” or better in all required undergraduate social work courses.
- Demonstrate evidence of social work practice experience. Experience gained in undergraduate field instruction or paid employment should be fully described in applicant’s personal statement.
- Provide documentation of performance in field experience from undergraduate field instructor. (i.e., a copy of your last field evaluation of a letter summarizing your performance). If applicant has graduated and has been employed in the field for a year or more, a letter from the current supervisor is acceptable in place of the field evaluation.
For More Information
Please contact Mary Jo Hawk, Social Work Programs Manager, at 419-755-4262 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and Fee Schedule
All fees are subject to change. Please refer to the website at http://registrar.osu.edu/FeeTables/MainFeeTables.asp.