Welcome to Service Learning!
Building a Sustainable Community through Service Learning
Service Learning at LCCC is a grassroots movement among faculty, students, staff and community partners who believe in the potential of civically engaged education to transform the lives of students and the Lorain County community. Service Learning is a form of experiential education that combines meaningful community service with classroom instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility and strengthen communities. Service learning achieves and enhances course objectives while meeting an identified community need.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I will learn."
- Service Learning is a form of Experiential Education (EE) and EE is one of LCCC's initiatives under the Bill & Melinda Gates grant "Completion By Design". See how EE and Service Learning connect to LCCC's broader conversation on Student Success. View the poster here.
- Service Learning Faculty Profiles! Check out who is currently teaching with service learning and project examples.
- The Community Partner Directory now has 10 organizations as well as Wishlists for Service Learning Projects. Take a look!
- Ohio Ranks 6th in the Nation for Hunger. That's 1 of 6 households not having enough money for food. Read the Columbus Dispatch article here
- The Lorain County Community College has been awarded a place on the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the 2009-2010 academic year! This is the first time the college has ever received such an honor. View the Press Release here.
Service Learning Home * Students * Faculty * Community Partners * Resources * Contact Us