Construction Technology - Construction Engineering Major
Associate of Applied Science - Curriculum Code 6170
The Construction Engineering Major is designed to provide students with the knowledge, cognitive skills and hands-on experience necessary for the competent performance in an entry-level construction position. Employment opportunities exist in a variety of residential and commercial construction companies. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College's University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Glenn Vasiloff at 440-366-7009 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year) |
||Technical Problem Solving
||Construction Document Reading
||Introduction to Carpentry
||Technical Mathematics I >
||College 101 ^
Spring Semester (First Year)
||Introduction to HVAC
||Introduction to Electrical Wiring
||Statics for Technology >
||College Composition I
||Technical Mathematics II >
Fall Semester (Second Year)
||Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting *
||Introduction to Plumbing
||Construction Estimating >
||Strength of Materials >
|Social Science Elective ^^
Spring Semester (Second Year)
||History of American Architecture >
||College Composition II with Technical Topics >
||General Physics I >
|Construction Elective ~
|Total Credit Hours: 62|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
3. ^^ Course selected from the following list: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156; PSYH 151; SOCY 151.
4. ~ Indicates that a student may substitute Work-Based Learning (CNST 287, 288, and/or 289) for one or more credit hours for this elective. Please make an appointment with your counselor for assistance.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established January 2011
Revised April 2015
Effective May 2016