Registration Steps for Transient Students
Transient students typically only attend LCCC for one or two semesters before returning to their home College or University. Below are steps to make sure you have everything you need to attend LCCC and transfer credits back to your home school.
Apply to Lorain County Community College: www.lorainccc.edu/admission
Complete your application online at the link above, in person at the Enrollment Services front desk, at an LCCC Learning Center or via mail.
Register for Classes
- Select the course(s) you want to take from the online Class Schedule at http://mycampus.lorainccc.edu/.
- Meet with your advisor, counselor or other appropriate person at your college or university to determine the proper course work at LCCC and to ensure transferability for your degree requirements.
- Obtain transient student permission from your college or university. This is a formal authorization to enroll in another college and is verification that your home school accepts successfully completed course work. This permission is usually in a standard form or letter from an advisor or counselor. However, you may click here to use the Sample Transient Letter, if approved by your college or university.
- Indicate which courses you want to take by completing the Transient Course Registration form.
- Complete theTranscript Request Form. This is how you transfer courses back to your home school.
- Mail, fax or email the completed forms to:
Attention: Records Office
Lorain County Community College
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, OH 44035
Fax: (440) 366-4167
If you prefer, you may register in person in Enrollment Services, located in the Bass Library.
If you have questions or need help with the registration process, please contact the Records office at (440) 366-4067.
Pay Your Bill
Remember to complete your FAFSAas a first step in applying for Financial Aid. Learn more at www.lorainccc.edu/financialaid. You can also pay with cash, check or credit card and/or sign up for a payment plan at www.lorainccc.edu/tuition.
New Student Orientation (Optional):
If you are interested in attending an optional New Student Orientation Session, please visit www.lorainccc.edu/orientation.
Click here for a printable checklist.