All student employment is dependent on availability of funding.
There are two kinds of student employees:
- Federal Work Study (FWS)
This federally-funded employment program is awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. A work study award is an option to work, not a requirement or a guaranteed job. If students receive work study as part of their financial aid award, they may apply for work study jobs and are eligible to earn up to the amount of their work study award.
- Institutional Student Employees
These employees are funded through college funds allocated to the academic departments or administrative offices. This type of employment is not based on financial need, and any Lorain County Community College or University Partnership student may work under this program.
Click here to learn about Co-Ops and Internships.
All student employees must be enrolled in classes to be eligible.
Instructions for applying for Student Worker positions:
- Create username, password and profile in LCCC Career Link, (LCCC job board)
Click here to go to the CareerLink page.
- You will receive approval within 48 hours
- Fill out student worker employment application, save to your computer or flash drive
- Once approved in LCCC Career Link you can upload your saved application
- LCCC campus departments and non-profits will be able to view your application
You may search in CareerLink for student employment jobs on LCCC campus, LCCC Outreach centers and non-profits.
For more information or assistance, please contact Career Services at 440-366-4076 or click here to view the Student Worker Handbook.