A New Strategic Plan for Lorain County Community College
10,000 Degrees of Impact
By 2025, 10,000 individuals will earn a LCCC degree or credential that will…
Impact Individuals and Families by
- Increasing earning potential
- Providing opportunities to succeed in careers of interest and passion
- Providing access to affordable higher education with no debt
- Increasing personal growth and capacities to thrive in life and careers
- Increasing economic mobility and financial security
- Creating inspirational and aspirational ripple effect
Impact Economy and Community by
- Making Lorain County a talent destination by increasing educational attainment that out-paces region and fuels economy
- Providing business and industry access to work-ready talent and growth resources
- Helping all communities prosper by increasing household incomes and home ownership, and engaging citizens
- Advancing Lorain County as a valued place to live, learn, work and play
Five Areas of Focus
1. Student Focused – Expand Participation
Prepare Working-Age Adults for New Economy
Expand outreach to increase the number of working age adults pursuing education and training in order to have access to and succeed in high-demand, good paying jobs.
Prepare Next Generation
Collaborate with K-12 to increase the number of high school students who graduate with college credit, reducing college debt and increasing their success as they pursue a college/career path after high school graduation.
2. Success Focused – Increase Completion and
Offer Pathways to Emerging and In-Demand Jobs and Industries
Enhance existing and develop new programs and pathways to align with in-demand jobs and industries such as: Advanced Trades, Advanced Manufacturing, Information Technology, Creative Economy, Artificial Intelligence, Healthcare, Agriculture, and the Internet of Things.
Ensure Equity for All Students – Break Down Barriers and Create Opportunities
Through a caring campus culture, meet students where they are and remove barriers while creating rich opportunities to help students reach their full potential.
Prepare Students with Future Ready and Soft Skills
Provide broad educational experiences to prepare students with capacities and skills to thrive in a changing world. Focus areas include lifelong learning, entrepreneurial mindset, creativity, strong communication and problem solving abilities, social responsibility, application of digital and technology skills, and an ability to adapt and change.
Make Education and Training More Accessible and Flexible
Deliver programs in flexible, affordable, accessible and intentional ways to meet diverse learning needs. Leverage technology to deliver education in multiple ways, locations, and at a pace adaptable to each individual student. Construct alternative, flexible scheduling options to meet student needs and expectations.
3. Future Focused – Foster Future Success
Expand Earn and Learn Models
Collaborate with employers to embed internships and apprenticeships into programs ensuring experiential learning for students.
Enhance Career and Job Placement Services
Facilitate connections between students, graduates, and employers. Help employers find qualified, highly skilled talent to meet workforce needs.
Expand Clear, Affordable Pathways to Bachelor’s and Graduate Degrees
Reduce students’ time and cost by expanding efficient, intentional transfer pathways and services, leading to University Partnership or other transfer partners. Expand LCCC’s applied bachelor’s degree programs for greater savings.
4. Work Focused – Improve Economic Competitiveness
Elevate Skills of Workforce as Economy Shifts
Expand continuing education and customized training opportunities to quickly retool, reskill workforce to keep people, communities and business/industry relevant as the economy changes.
Stimulate Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Leverage LCCC services and facilities to support innovation within business and industry, foster growth of new clusters and economies and accelerate invention, commercialization and entrepreneurship.
5. Community Focused – Enhance Quality of Life
Partner with Community Organizations to Address Common Community Challenges and Opportunities
Partner appropriately with other organizations and entities that are leading efforts to address common community areas of importance such as: transportation, digital connectivity, food insecurity, health and wellness, and drug addiction.
Leverage LCCC as Community Resource
Bring value to the entire community by leveraging amenities and programs to expand personal enrichment and lifelong learning opportunities including the cultural and culinary arts, entertainment, and health and wellness.
Create a vibrant community for all where…
- All students achieve academic and career success
- Industry talent needs are met and businesses start, locate, and grow
- People connect and prosper
Provide opportunities for…
- Individuals to succeed through quality education
- Economies to grow through innovation
- Communities to thrive through rich cultural experiences
We value our role as the community’s college and the opportunity to build the community’s trust in order to educate, adapt, lead, and inspire. We value our role to create a better, more equitable future for our community.